Day 84 (Help at the Bank) - Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day 84 (Help at the Bank)

Some old people came to observe me teaching my grade 4 class today. I think a teacher told me about this some time ago but I didn't remember, so it actually was a surprise to me...It's a good thing this topic was one that I love teaching... "What sports, do you like?" "I like Soccer".. The old people were observing me and they were laughing their socks off...Afterward, I had to introduce myself to them in Japanese, which is a breeze for me now :) .. Even though this is my main school and I really appreciate them giving me my lesson plans and stuff; they get on my nerves sometimes...Well some of the teachers that is... Because many of them speak a little English, they do most of the class and want me to stay there like a puppet... The other schools, I pretty much do what I want... I simply asked the grade 4 teacher today, "Hey can I do a warm-up exercise before we begin classes today?" (I do this before my classes at all the other schools)... The man going to ask mi WHY??? This thing not even take 2 minutes.

I left this school earlier than usual today to go to the bank and attempt to wire transfer some money to one of my Jamaican accounts. Luckily there was a lady there that I met at our English conversation thing on Wednesdays, and she assisted me a bit... Her English is not all that good, but I can understand her and her English is wayyyyyyy better than my Japanese. Now, because the last time I went to this bank was in April when I opened an account, it seemed as if I forgot my pin # for my card... I don't remember if I used the same pin # for my postal account and my bank account... So after 2 wrong attempts, the Japanese lady who was helping me basically said that I should choose a new pin # and wait next week to get a new card ....So I had to choose another way to wire transfer the money, which was writing up this Japanese paper. I only hope that the money gone to the Jamaican account..

After this I went home then to our English Conversation thing and I met this new Japanese lady who said she visited many places in Europe...She said she wants to try trimming my hair as she is a hair dresser... She said she really wants to try as its the very first time she was feeling a hair texture like mine... She kept touching it and saying "Omoshiroi" meaning "Interesting"...
I was there making them laugh, by showing them a combination of Japanese and Jamaican dance moves... They could not stop laughing... especially when I attempt to dance like a Japanese with their slow movements...

Comments

Stewy said…
Omoshiroi dave, the word is omoshiroi, lol you really need to work on your pronounciation and spelling man lol. Anyway I like the fact that you actually having fun now, thats how it should be. And it look like you get all free barber and ting, yeh yute that mad (but u should just get somebody to cane-row your hair lol).

And just look at it this way, if the haircut fails... just go bald for a while