Day 135 - Friday, August 1, 2008 - Jamaican Dub Poetry in Germany
After devotion with the Jamaican group today, I went back to my room to prepare my "Rap piece" and prepare for my performance tonight (Yes I am supposed to perform tonight). So I am now to take the tram by myself from the hotel for the first time... Lord have mercy.... first ting, I was on the wrong side of the road for the longest while waiting for the Tram.
After about 15 minutes I decided to ask a man if he spoke English, to which he basically hinted "no don yute"... I then asked another guy and he said I am on the wrong side of the road and should go over the next part. Luckily when I got there, 2 Jamiacan girls were there also waiting on the tram. So I missed the big Bible study get-together, and went late to the small Bible study gathering afterward. It was noticeable that the small group gathering was getting smaller and smaller. The Ukraine guys are gone, a lady and a pastor guy from the USA are gone, the 2 guys from Bangladesh are also gone.
After this I practiced with the rapper guys for the mass choir on Sunday. So it's now 4 "rappers" 2 Germans, 1 Canadian and 1 Jamaipanese ;-) One guy is the choir director from Naples, Italy, he came with his girlfriend also from Naples Italy, one guy is from Germany, and another guy is from Canada, another dude was also a German rapper).
So I performed in the night at 11:15 pm... According to my counting from I first performed which was March 15, 2003 (while I had cord rows in my hair), this will be my 214th dub poem performance. I performed the following poems:
"Mek wi build up di nation"
"Wi mus love"
"Jesus a come back soon"
I also had to write up some copyright business. Many of the persons I met in Grenada (2007) who were from Virginia, were there to watch my performance as well as other people from all over the world ;) ... So now I have performed in the following countries:

Jamaica
USA
Brazil
Panama
Trinidad
Grenada
After this I practiced with the rapper guys for the mass choir on Sunday. So it's now 4 "rappers" 2 Germans, 1 Canadian and 1 Jamaipanese ;-) One guy is the choir director from Naples, Italy, he came with his girlfriend also from Naples Italy, one guy is from Germany, and another guy is from Canada, another dude was also a German rapper).
So I performed in the night at 11:15 pm... According to my counting from I first performed which was March 15, 2003 (while I had cord rows in my hair), this will be my 214th dub poem performance. I performed the following poems:
"Mek wi build up di nation"
"Wi mus love"
"Jesus a come back soon"
I also had to write up some copyright business. Many of the persons I met in Grenada (2007) who were from Virginia, were there to watch my performance as well as other people from all over the world ;) ... So now I have performed in the following countries:

Jamaica
USA
Brazil
Panama
Trinidad
Grenada
Japan
Germany
After my performance, I ran to the get-together with a couple of the Jamaicans then we had to rush back again to catch the 12:00 midnight tram.. Actually, a German girl asked me if I could perform tomorrow at an open-air thing and I promised her faithfully from Wednesday. However I have a whole lot of meetings tomorrow, So I don't know what I'm going to do... All the meetings kinda clash... Regional meeting 2:30 pm, performance at 2:45 pm and Choir rehearsal at 4 pm....
Bwoy come all the way to Germany come get tangled up inna all manner of things.
Germany
After my performance, I ran to the get-together with a couple of the Jamaicans then we had to rush back again to catch the 12:00 midnight tram.. Actually, a German girl asked me if I could perform tomorrow at an open-air thing and I promised her faithfully from Wednesday. However I have a whole lot of meetings tomorrow, So I don't know what I'm going to do... All the meetings kinda clash... Regional meeting 2:30 pm, performance at 2:45 pm and Choir rehearsal at 4 pm....
Comments