Day 140 - Wednesday, August 6, 2008 - First Day back from Germany / Car Overheating / Annoying Branch of my Company
Day 140
Happy Independence day to my Jamaican Posse ... Jamaica is now 46 Years old :-) ...
Yes so of course you know, my days events are about to get a little quieter now that I am back from that wondrful trip. So all I did today was hurry and paid my phone bill and my electricity bill. I then went to joyful and I noticed that my hot and cold needle in the car was on hot... So yes my car was overheating and I had to stop and park near to joyful but away from people. I took the water out from my car and waited a while then opened up the bonnet. I touched the radiator cap which of course was EXTREMELY hot.... I know that this radiator thing can fly off and sometimes spray out hot water because one of my friends got burned by this in his face before...
So I got a towel and carefully pulled the radiator cap off and it flew off a little and some water sorta sprayed out... I was very very frightened and ran from it instinctively fast. I was in a state of shock for about 1 minute. The cap flew inside the engine area and I had to use my long umbrella to get it to drop on the ground. I then poured the water into the radiator area but it wasn't enough. So I just went into Joyful and ordered a pizza, cheese cake and some vegetable stuff. The pizza was taking a while to come so I had to call them again... they then gave me the pizza with a bill that had 1700 yen on it but it was stapled on to a bill that had 1000 yen... They told me that it's the 1000 yen which was correct.
I then went to the supermarket to buy some stuff for my apartment, then drove home and put some more water into the radiator. After this, I unpacked all my stuff then checked my monthly budget and realized that I hadn't paid the 10,000 yen on my car just yet... So I rushed out and drove there to pay it... I am still upset about the amount of money I have to pay for this car and my friend got a van for 20000 yen less than my car, even though his van is standard. My company can be so messed up, why do they do this??? I think my car value at least 100,000 yen less than what I paid for it, but I guess when you come here and don't know Japanese, the company can tell you all manner of foolishness to get you to spend more money, so they can basically keep you employed for them longer and have you owe them more money.... I am sure that's their strategy...
They want you to get broke so you have to depend on them soley.... They are now calling me every second to begin the process of getting my Japanese driver's license. Well at least this will help me out a whole lot BUT they are being very annoying with it... When I just got to Frankfurt someone from my company called me but I ignored the call.. My last day in Leipzig, another person from my company called me and asked me if I received a message, to which I said no... They asked me when am I going to go for the license, so I told them maybe next week. They asked me why ... I said "WELL BECAUSE I AM IN GERMANY, DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT!!!" ...
They then said ok and hung up .... When I was in joyful, and eating the pizza, they called me again and asked if I had already started the process... I was like, NO... they then asked why... I then said " BECAUSE I CAME FROM GERMANY THIS MORNING, DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT????" .... I cannot tell you how disgusted I am by these annoying phone calls... So I am planning to go and start this process next Monday maybe ... I am sure that this is going to be another epic adventure in my life .... Especially if I can't get someone who speaks Japanese to follow me...
Happy Independence day to my Jamaican Posse ... Jamaica is now 46 Years old :-) ...
Yes so of course you know, my days events are about to get a little quieter now that I am back from that wondrful trip. So all I did today was hurry and paid my phone bill and my electricity bill. I then went to joyful and I noticed that my hot and cold needle in the car was on hot... So yes my car was overheating and I had to stop and park near to joyful but away from people. I took the water out from my car and waited a while then opened up the bonnet. I touched the radiator cap which of course was EXTREMELY hot.... I know that this radiator thing can fly off and sometimes spray out hot water because one of my friends got burned by this in his face before...
So I got a towel and carefully pulled the radiator cap off and it flew off a little and some water sorta sprayed out... I was very very frightened and ran from it instinctively fast. I was in a state of shock for about 1 minute. The cap flew inside the engine area and I had to use my long umbrella to get it to drop on the ground. I then poured the water into the radiator area but it wasn't enough. So I just went into Joyful and ordered a pizza, cheese cake and some vegetable stuff. The pizza was taking a while to come so I had to call them again... they then gave me the pizza with a bill that had 1700 yen on it but it was stapled on to a bill that had 1000 yen... They told me that it's the 1000 yen which was correct.
I then went to the supermarket to buy some stuff for my apartment, then drove home and put some more water into the radiator. After this, I unpacked all my stuff then checked my monthly budget and realized that I hadn't paid the 10,000 yen on my car just yet... So I rushed out and drove there to pay it... I am still upset about the amount of money I have to pay for this car and my friend got a van for 20000 yen less than my car, even though his van is standard. My company can be so messed up, why do they do this??? I think my car value at least 100,000 yen less than what I paid for it, but I guess when you come here and don't know Japanese, the company can tell you all manner of foolishness to get you to spend more money, so they can basically keep you employed for them longer and have you owe them more money.... I am sure that's their strategy...
They want you to get broke so you have to depend on them soley.... They are now calling me every second to begin the process of getting my Japanese driver's license. Well at least this will help me out a whole lot BUT they are being very annoying with it... When I just got to Frankfurt someone from my company called me but I ignored the call.. My last day in Leipzig, another person from my company called me and asked me if I received a message, to which I said no... They asked me when am I going to go for the license, so I told them maybe next week. They asked me why ... I said "WELL BECAUSE I AM IN GERMANY, DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT!!!" ...
They then said ok and hung up .... When I was in joyful, and eating the pizza, they called me again and asked if I had already started the process... I was like, NO... they then asked why... I then said " BECAUSE I CAME FROM GERMANY THIS MORNING, DIDN'T YOU KNOW THAT????" .... I cannot tell you how disgusted I am by these annoying phone calls... So I am planning to go and start this process next Monday maybe ... I am sure that this is going to be another epic adventure in my life .... Especially if I can't get someone who speaks Japanese to follow me...
Comments
n den the system always try to hold you down but then dread. Got to keep the fight up...Greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world...
zeen