Day 162 (Visit Fukuyama) - Thursday, August 28, 2008

Day 162 - Visit Fukuyama


Yes so I woke up again at another persons apartment (Yes I know I love people yard) and me and X talk about all manner of things... It so happened that I actually got X's information from some people at Linstead Baptist, while I was back in Jamaica. But don't ask me what I did with the information that I got... Any way she cooked festival and saltfish and some other mix up mix up in the morning for breakfast... Wow normal, Jamican cooked BREAKFAST!!! haven't seen that in a while, I normally just grab a biscuit or something in the morning and that's it... 

Maybe one day a couple of us Jamaicans from this prefecture can just link up at her apartment and mek up peer noise and eat some food... Because we Jamaicans around this side of Japan love company.... Sooo after breakfast we got on a train and headed for a place in Hiroshima known as Fukuyama (mine unnu cuss bad wud, is not suh it pronounce ok!!! its fu as in food) ... which is like 20 minutes from where we were... Rain was falling a little but we still walked around the place and I bought a few clothing articles which were on sale because summer is coming to an end, and already the nights are feeling chilly... woyyyyy, I don't want to know what winter is going to be like... we also went to this European looking wedding chapel place as well as did some window shopping around the area. 

One of the stores we went to was owned by an African man who is married to a Japanese lady. They have 2 kids together, a boy and a girl... The boy is dark-skinned (maybe like me), his hair is curly but his eyes are Japanese. The little girl has Japanese eyes also, has lighter skin than me but is still a little dark and her hair is long, thick and curly... some interesting looking kids come out of interracial marriages, the kids were cute though... I am pretty sure that they are stared at every single day, especially when they walk with their black dad and their Japanese mom... that must be a sight to behold for these mostly closed-minded, set in their ways, Japanese people. Thankfully, most Japanese that I have met thus far, especially at my schools and in my area seem to be quite open-minded and make me and the other foreigners here feel welcome. Most foreigners who come to Niimi, and meet up with us, always want to come back...

We then went to Mcdonalds to buy food then headed back to Terri's area because she had an evening class to teach some kids... While on the train, I noticed this Japanese man, looking at us with a crazy stare.... Well that's a side from every other Japanese person who was looking at us, with that shocked, "I can't believe I see 2 black persons" look. This man had an insane look in his eyes, but I didn't pay him much mind... I sat beside this Japanese girl and X sat in front of her... this crazy-looking Japanese man then went and stand beside Terri and was just blatantly looking at her... We started to get uncomfortable and X said in a loud tone "Dave, why the hell is this man beside me staring at me like this" and she looked back at him with a nasty stare... I was there wondering what the heck is going on with this guy... Hey then said something like "bapo" ... we interpreted it to say "Baka" which means Idiot or stupid, but we didn't really hear properly what he actually said... He then walked off ...


 The girl beside me then got up and sat somewhere else, I guess she also was very uncomfortable... Or was thinking that we foreigners are gathering too much attention or drawing crazy people to us... We don't really trust these Japanese men because there are stories of when they go crazy, they go insanely crazy and will probably start stabbing up people in a rage or push off people into a train or something.... And guess what?? As a foreigner, you are already in the wrong, so if you hit them, chances are you will be in big trouble with the law... and they may not be interested in your side of the story, all they need to know is that you have inflicted harm and that's it... 

The man eventually got off the train and we felt a little more comfortable...
I then followed X to her 45 minutes lesson with some kids.... X is lucky as she works with the Board of Education which means she get much more money than most of us PLUS BONUS, PLUS TEACH EXTRA LESSONS... The only difference is that we get more holidays and spend less time bored at work... She have to be at work every day whether kids are there to teach or not...When she doesn't have kids to teach, then she sit at work doing absolutely nothing for 8 whole hours... I still am going to try and get a job with them if I manage to stay here another year God's willing :)
After her classes, we had dinner at a little restaurant place.




Peace and love mi frens

Comments

Pëbblës said…
Yes Dave...u a look cozy though....time to slide.