Day 154 (New JET Friends)- Wednesday, August 20, 2008


Day 154 (New JET Friends) - 5 Months
Yes 5 long months my friends.

Took the 5:33 pm train to Okayama city to go to the JET Alt welcome party thing. When I got to Okayama city, I went to Mcdonalds where I met up with a couple of the new JET ALTs inclusive of this Jamaican girl. My new JET ALT friends from my area, were telling me about this Jamaican ALT girl for a little while now,  (Yes Stewart, yuh fren, how yuh neva tell mi bout har???). While in Mcdonalds, she spotted my shirt and said "blow wow, dah yute deh a wear a Jamaica shirt" then she ran over to me and asked me if I was Jamaican. She eventually started to put 1 and 1 together and said "wait a minute, are you Dave?" then the chatting started. She told me that Stewart was telling her that I am here in Japan. Stewart told me nothing of this. About 30 other ALTs met up with us and we headed towards the central meeting area. 2 girls were asking me some stuff about Jamaica and Rastafarianism, to which I attempted to explain. Many people thought our flag had in red, so I showed them what our flag actually looked like.



So we all went to the general meeting area where I met some more JETs along with the JETS from my area. It was very interesting. I was about to rush back to the train station but this half-Japanese, Half Mexican girl said I should try to stay in someone's hotel room like what many others were doing. So she even went around and asked a couple persons, then finally when I was about to leave, some persons said I could stay with them. After leaving this area, a couple of us went to a dart bar, after which I bunked on the floor of some new friends' hotel room :)


My mom and other Jamaican friends were trying to call me to tell me about the Usain Bolt race as well as the one with Melanie Walker where she won the 400m hurdles and the silver medal from Shericka Williams. My friends gave me this site where most of our important races are uploaded to.. you can pause the music (which I found annoying).

Comments

Shmalex said…
Hello my friend!
It was great meeting you! And hopefully I'll be seeing you soon. I'll be checking out you blog to see what you're up to :)

alex
Dave...me love how is pure girl inna yuh picture dem. Good work bredrin...and you going to tell me that NUH sliding nuh take place?
Stewy said…
Dude you met melissa!!!!! lol, I saw her picture on the top of your blog post and said "wait mi nuh know da girl deh" lol. Rahtid wat a wierd thing. This world is really small after all.

The reason i didnt tell u originally about her was because she was going to be in a different area so i thought chances of meeting her would be quite slim... I'm surprised u meet her so early lol. Well I guess now u have somebody u can par with (if u dont mind the train drive) lol. You can at least thank me for introducing u to such a beautiful girl :D lol