Day 47 - Monday, May 5, 2008
Day 47
Ok the worst thing just happend to me...I completed writing the blog and after highlighting it I accidentally pressed delete...No undoing could get it back ...sigh tsk tsk tsk...this is my re attempt...
So I woke up today at about 8 am after going to bed at about 10 pm last night because of the mass eating and drinking the night before. Today is known as "Children`s day" which is coming to the closure of Golden Week. Tomorrow is the final day. This years Golden Week as I was telling Stewart online today, not too Golden though (more like bronzden) because 2 of the public holidays fell on the weekend. I went to the my city hotel later on to use the internet on my laptop then went back home to end Kingdom Hearts 2, that I have been playing since I moved into my apartment. At 7 pm I went to Joyful with the other persons to host Bible study where we looked at Genesis 1:20 - 2:4. This was after sharing with them from the daily bread devotional on Isaiah`s commissioning and how he said "here am I Lord send me"... I then went to my friend`s apartment to check the internet again...
I forgot to mention that some time ago, I met this guy at the place where I normally check internet every day, who seem to be crippled. At the time he was trying very hard to communicate with me but of course it was difficult because I can hardly speak Japanese and him can hardly speak English. Any way... One day while I was in my apartment, I heard my doorbell...Only to see this man at my apartment door...How did he find my apartment???? Your guess is as good as mine...He again was trying to speak to me and then gave me a paper re-introducing himself and then gave me some other papers with some Jehoviah witnesses business...He was also trying to sell me one of the watch tower books it seem but I told him seh "boss mi nuh really undestan weh yuh a seh so have a nice day" he then left after 20 minutes of trying to communicate with me...
Ok the worst thing just happend to me...I completed writing the blog and after highlighting it I accidentally pressed delete...No undoing could get it back ...sigh tsk tsk tsk...this is my re attempt...
So I woke up today at about 8 am after going to bed at about 10 pm last night because of the mass eating and drinking the night before. Today is known as "Children`s day" which is coming to the closure of Golden Week. Tomorrow is the final day. This years Golden Week as I was telling Stewart online today, not too Golden though (more like bronzden) because 2 of the public holidays fell on the weekend. I went to the my city hotel later on to use the internet on my laptop then went back home to end Kingdom Hearts 2, that I have been playing since I moved into my apartment. At 7 pm I went to Joyful with the other persons to host Bible study where we looked at Genesis 1:20 - 2:4. This was after sharing with them from the daily bread devotional on Isaiah`s commissioning and how he said "here am I Lord send me"... I then went to my friend`s apartment to check the internet again...
I forgot to mention that some time ago, I met this guy at the place where I normally check internet every day, who seem to be crippled. At the time he was trying very hard to communicate with me but of course it was difficult because I can hardly speak Japanese and him can hardly speak English. Any way... One day while I was in my apartment, I heard my doorbell...Only to see this man at my apartment door...How did he find my apartment???? Your guess is as good as mine...He again was trying to speak to me and then gave me a paper re-introducing himself and then gave me some other papers with some Jehoviah witnesses business...He was also trying to sell me one of the watch tower books it seem but I told him seh "boss mi nuh really undestan weh yuh a seh so have a nice day" he then left after 20 minutes of trying to communicate with me...
Now on Saturday (Day 45) I again heard my door bell...I wondered who this could be, as all the ALTs in the area should have my number and they would call before coming...It was none other than this man again...I was a bit annoyed because clearly this man don`t realise that I scarcely understand Japanese very well, nor does he understand English, or if he does, he can`t speak it properly for me to understand him.. So I told him that I was very very busy...He still insisted on giving me this other paper about Jehoviah Witnesses then I told him "thank you very much and have a blessed day"....I don't know what I`m going to tell him, if he appears again....
To L, yes my mind run on you too :)
To Richard, I have no idea what you mean by it don't sound right from me when I said cute little girl ... Don't you know I love children :) ...You don't love them too ?? ;)
And re the picture from yesterday...thats a picture I took in Atlanta...that's not the Benz that took me to the restaurant, it look like it though...just that it black...So all now I don't trim yet..It cost equivalent to Jamaican $2100 to get a haircut.. (YUH MADDD) that could trim mi 4 times in Jamaica...Hey hey is not cheap mi cheap, but the first 2 months with this company is starvation period...We won't get our first pay until May month end...So I have to watch what I do with the little I have now, and use it very wisely...
To D, there is no way I would be able to find out what it would be like if I was a girl in Japan....however, the Jamaican girls who I have met thus far, and have been here for a year and more (with this company I work for)...is not giving me an absolutely positive feedback. For one...Japanese SEEM to be kinda sexist and SEEM very male dominant...So you have many nights at the bar with the guys just chatting all manner of none sense...the only females there is the ones serving the drink and the food. So far I have only heard 1 single Jamaican girl saying that they kinda like it here...she has been here for 6 years I think. A part from she, I am yet to hear a very positive feedback from a Jamaican female here...tomorrow I will share in more detail what one of them told me....
In our case though in my area...the female ALTs are there with us as well and occasionally the Japanese guys might carry their girl friends...The female Japanese culture kinda different I was told. I heard that there are girls who look out for foreigners to get with them...and as long as you speak English, you are good to go...BUT, they say that these girls really using the guys...so instead of the man using the girl...its the other way around...and they show off about how many foreigners they have been with etc etc.
Well take care now and later all
To L, yes my mind run on you too :)
To Richard, I have no idea what you mean by it don't sound right from me when I said cute little girl ... Don't you know I love children :) ...You don't love them too ?? ;)
And re the picture from yesterday...thats a picture I took in Atlanta...that's not the Benz that took me to the restaurant, it look like it though...just that it black...So all now I don't trim yet..It cost equivalent to Jamaican $2100 to get a haircut.. (YUH MADDD) that could trim mi 4 times in Jamaica...Hey hey is not cheap mi cheap, but the first 2 months with this company is starvation period...We won't get our first pay until May month end...So I have to watch what I do with the little I have now, and use it very wisely...
To D, there is no way I would be able to find out what it would be like if I was a girl in Japan....however, the Jamaican girls who I have met thus far, and have been here for a year and more (with this company I work for)...is not giving me an absolutely positive feedback. For one...Japanese SEEM to be kinda sexist and SEEM very male dominant...So you have many nights at the bar with the guys just chatting all manner of none sense...the only females there is the ones serving the drink and the food. So far I have only heard 1 single Jamaican girl saying that they kinda like it here...she has been here for 6 years I think. A part from she, I am yet to hear a very positive feedback from a Jamaican female here...tomorrow I will share in more detail what one of them told me....
In our case though in my area...the female ALTs are there with us as well and occasionally the Japanese guys might carry their girl friends...The female Japanese culture kinda different I was told. I heard that there are girls who look out for foreigners to get with them...and as long as you speak English, you are good to go...BUT, they say that these girls really using the guys...so instead of the man using the girl...its the other way around...and they show off about how many foreigners they have been with etc etc.
Well take care now and later all
Comments
If, u really should consider travelling other distant places and keep these blogs going...not for selfish reasons, well, not exactly but u are pretty interesting...i like ur put to things actually!
If, u really should consider travelling other distant places and keep these blogs going...not for selfish reasons, well, not exactly but u are pretty interesting...i like ur put to things actually!