Day 201 { No Nato / Japanese Women Bicycle Riders } - Monday, October 6, 2008
Day 201 { No Nato / Japanese Women Bicycle Riders }
My regular schedule was changed today and for the remaining portion of October, I will be teaching 4 classes instead of 3 at my main school. I am in no way complaining about this, as its more fun to teach than to sit and stare in space while smiling until my face hurts. At this school though, after I finish teaching, most of the time I am glued to the screen of the laptop they give me to use. I really don't know if this prompted them to add one more class because of my obvious boredom after teaching only 3 classes. Anyway you look at it though, I much prefer 4 classes than 3 even though its more tiring. Wow strange, at my last job, I wanted them to take off teaching time, and at my present job I want them to put on teaching time...
So today at lunch, they warned me early that the kids will be eating this terrible tasting, bad smelling, very nasty looking thing called NATO. To date, I am still wondering how people eat that stuff. It looks like spoiled beans mixed with glue.
So I was at lunch and they gave me something else to replace the terrible Nato. This other thing is known as NORI. NORI is the pressed out sea weed thing that I don't really like either. The nori is packaged in a plasic thingy and was placed beside the other food in my tray for lunch...As I mentioned, I don't like Nori either, but it's much better than Nato...My mission now is to put this Nori in my pocket without being noticed by kids or a teachers.... This is difficult as often time, many of them tend to stare endlessly at the foreigner... The last time I tried to pull this stunt, a kid noticed that the Nori disappeared from my tray and it was replaced instantaneously along with another one coming from a sensei......
This is an account of how I hid the nori...
Again I must reiterate that it is difficult to pull of this hiding the food trick because there is over a dozen Japanese kids staring at you while using their index fingers to clean their nose. So, I looked everywhere until the kids kinda stopped looking at me, then now it's time to look out for the Japanese teachers who walk around like a surveillance camera and make certain that the kids eat every single rice grain ???? So yes, the coast is clear now and I quickly grabbed the
nori silently and forced it in my pocket...and whew that's a relief... Later after lunch, the office administrator asked me if I enjoyed the nori???? So I told her "Yes of course" ... I am now wondering if that was a trick question and if she saw when I hid the nori in my pocket... I don't know and probably never will.
Switching stories now.... Japan has some of the strangest females in the world I think. They are however extremely good at multitasking. For example, you will see a very nice-looking female riding a bicycle in her high heels while holding an umbrella if the rain is falling (which is illegal) and if you are lucky, maybe even see them putting on lipstick and/or combing their hair... SERIOUSLY !! :) ... One of my friends said she would like to accidentally brush against one of them one day and see how well they can maneuver in that situation. Then you also have the schoolgirls and Lord have mercy on those skirts that are probably 50 inches above their knees, and they are still trying to draw them down if a little breeze blow... If these girls were ever in Jamaica, I'm sure there would be many a accidents. Both vehicular and otherwise.
My regular schedule was changed today and for the remaining portion of October, I will be teaching 4 classes instead of 3 at my main school. I am in no way complaining about this, as its more fun to teach than to sit and stare in space while smiling until my face hurts. At this school though, after I finish teaching, most of the time I am glued to the screen of the laptop they give me to use. I really don't know if this prompted them to add one more class because of my obvious boredom after teaching only 3 classes. Anyway you look at it though, I much prefer 4 classes than 3 even though its more tiring. Wow strange, at my last job, I wanted them to take off teaching time, and at my present job I want them to put on teaching time...
So today at lunch, they warned me early that the kids will be eating this terrible tasting, bad smelling, very nasty looking thing called NATO. To date, I am still wondering how people eat that stuff. It looks like spoiled beans mixed with glue.
So I was at lunch and they gave me something else to replace the terrible Nato. This other thing is known as NORI. NORI is the pressed out sea weed thing that I don't really like either. The nori is packaged in a plasic thingy and was placed beside the other food in my tray for lunch...As I mentioned, I don't like Nori either, but it's much better than Nato...My mission now is to put this Nori in my pocket without being noticed by kids or a teachers.... This is difficult as often time, many of them tend to stare endlessly at the foreigner... The last time I tried to pull this stunt, a kid noticed that the Nori disappeared from my tray and it was replaced instantaneously along with another one coming from a sensei......
This is an account of how I hid the nori...
Again I must reiterate that it is difficult to pull of this hiding the food trick because there is over a dozen Japanese kids staring at you while using their index fingers to clean their nose. So, I looked everywhere until the kids kinda stopped looking at me, then now it's time to look out for the Japanese teachers who walk around like a surveillance camera and make certain that the kids eat every single rice grain ???? So yes, the coast is clear now and I quickly grabbed the
nori silently and forced it in my pocket...and whew that's a relief... Later after lunch, the office administrator asked me if I enjoyed the nori???? So I told her "Yes of course" ... I am now wondering if that was a trick question and if she saw when I hid the nori in my pocket... I don't know and probably never will.
Switching stories now.... Japan has some of the strangest females in the world I think. They are however extremely good at multitasking. For example, you will see a very nice-looking female riding a bicycle in her high heels while holding an umbrella if the rain is falling (which is illegal) and if you are lucky, maybe even see them putting on lipstick and/or combing their hair... SERIOUSLY !! :) ... One of my friends said she would like to accidentally brush against one of them one day and see how well they can maneuver in that situation. Then you also have the schoolgirls and Lord have mercy on those skirts that are probably 50 inches above their knees, and they are still trying to draw them down if a little breeze blow... If these girls were ever in Jamaica, I'm sure there would be many a accidents. Both vehicular and otherwise.
Comments