Day 209 { TV Show / Going Home } - Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day 209 { TV Show / Going Home }

Got a call today from the company I work for, telling me that I have a meeting with the Board of Education this Friday. This meeting is pertaining to me being the host of a local English lesson TV show. The only thing is that, this is totally voluntary which means I won't even get 1 yen. But that's no problem, I think this might be some good exposure and may allow the people in my community be more aware of my presence. I still know that they would stare, but they will have at least a better idea of who I am. I am sooo hoping that at least one of the persons at the meeting will speak even a small amount of English...

I changed my car oil today at the gas station as well as ask the people there to do some general checks on my car. 

As I mentioned in one of my earlier blogs, it's like I have started back from day 1 in Japan, where I feel like I want to go home now. If this is a cycle, then later on I will feel like I want to spend another year. I prefer to know that it's a cycle and fight myself to leave here, even though there is a 95% possibility that when I go back to Jamaica, I may ask myself "what the heck did I do?". If this is not a cycle, and I am going to feel this way until the end of my contract, then this will be a very sad story....And it will be joy never ending when I leave here. I am also trying my utmost best to keep away from potential attachments in Japan ;-) because that can further cloud my decision to leave as well as complicate matters more seriously... Even more seriously than what happened to me in Brazil back in 2006 ;) ;( at least then I had to leave....

Well, at least most of my family and friends are back at home and no one will stare at me constantly because I am black.

Comments