Day 224 { Too Many Stop Lights / Heated Patch} - Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Day 224 { Too Many Stop Lights / Heated Patch}
Sometimes rushing to work can be a bit difficult because there is a stop light about every 2 seconds in my area hahaha!! And they are SERIOUSLY annoying... I accidentally broke one the other day and realized when I saw a vehicle heading straight for my car and I was thinking that this man was the crazy one.... I don't know what they need so many stoplights for. But then again there are so many roads here in Japan it can confuse the heck out of you.
A grade 1 kid came to me and asked me in Japanese about what anime I like... I surprised myself by understanding him...And I spoke back to him and he understood..Wow, I can communicate with a grade 1 kid...I made the grade two students almost die with laughter when I imitated a kid in the class who accidentally hit himself in the head with a fly swatter... I said BANKAI (which is something said in the Bleach Anime) and then hit myself in the head and the class as well as the teacher erupted in laughter... So you see, Anime does have some benefits outside of entertainment :D and our job for grades 1-4 mostly, is to make the kids laugh and have fun... Hey and trust me, anime is the best way to communicate with these kids, especially the ones who don't really dig English...
Went to the English conversation thingy today but only 5 people attended today, the smallest amount of people I have seen since I started attending. They were telling me about horrible snow stories and boy am I worried. The temperature has been averaging about 12 degrees C now a days and go as far up as 16 but only when the sun is going down which is at about 4:30 pm... by 7pm the temperature will drop to about 9 degrees... My friend in China and another one in Switzerland said it already started to snow there...AAAH BOY!!! I am worried especially because I drive and I hear horrible skidding stories about driving in the snow... I am probably going to have to start waking up at about 5 am in the morning soon... Trust me, I am not a morning person at all... 2 Persons gave me this hot patch thing that you can shake and put in your clothes to make it warm up. They told me that if you put it on your skin, you will burn up yourself. This strange device can keep you warm for up to 12 hours they said.
X an Onsen is like a heated therapeutic public bath thingy ... you even commented on one of my earlier posts about it..well your comment wasn't about the onsen though...
http://davecollyjap.blogspot.com/2008/05/day-56-wednesday-may-14-2008.html
Sometimes rushing to work can be a bit difficult because there is a stop light about every 2 seconds in my area hahaha!! And they are SERIOUSLY annoying... I accidentally broke one the other day and realized when I saw a vehicle heading straight for my car and I was thinking that this man was the crazy one.... I don't know what they need so many stoplights for. But then again there are so many roads here in Japan it can confuse the heck out of you.
A grade 1 kid came to me and asked me in Japanese about what anime I like... I surprised myself by understanding him...And I spoke back to him and he understood..Wow, I can communicate with a grade 1 kid...I made the grade two students almost die with laughter when I imitated a kid in the class who accidentally hit himself in the head with a fly swatter... I said BANKAI (which is something said in the Bleach Anime) and then hit myself in the head and the class as well as the teacher erupted in laughter... So you see, Anime does have some benefits outside of entertainment :D and our job for grades 1-4 mostly, is to make the kids laugh and have fun... Hey and trust me, anime is the best way to communicate with these kids, especially the ones who don't really dig English...
Went to the English conversation thingy today but only 5 people attended today, the smallest amount of people I have seen since I started attending. They were telling me about horrible snow stories and boy am I worried. The temperature has been averaging about 12 degrees C now a days and go as far up as 16 but only when the sun is going down which is at about 4:30 pm... by 7pm the temperature will drop to about 9 degrees... My friend in China and another one in Switzerland said it already started to snow there...AAAH BOY!!! I am worried especially because I drive and I hear horrible skidding stories about driving in the snow... I am probably going to have to start waking up at about 5 am in the morning soon... Trust me, I am not a morning person at all... 2 Persons gave me this hot patch thing that you can shake and put in your clothes to make it warm up. They told me that if you put it on your skin, you will burn up yourself. This strange device can keep you warm for up to 12 hours they said.
X an Onsen is like a heated therapeutic public bath thingy ... you even commented on one of my earlier posts about it..well your comment wasn't about the onsen though...
http://davecollyjap.blogspot.com/2008/05/day-56-wednesday-may-14-2008.html
Comments