Day 203 { Dexter / Wives Stay Home } - Wednsday, October 8, 2008
Day 203 { Dexter / Wives Stay Home }
Had only 2 classes today because my main school forgot that I should also go there tomorrow, which is not usual. I then went home but didn't go to my normal Wednesday English conversation thing because I was too tired. I stayed in and watched one of my favourite TV shows called..... DEXTER ... I started watching this series last year, off recommendation from my friends and now I am hooked. I watched the first 2 seasons and now season 3 started 2 weeks ago I think. If you don't know about it, it's about this blood splatter expert, forensic, police guy who is also a serial killer.
X - I tasted nato once and it wasn't extremely terrible but the smell and the look will turn you off instantly. It's actually spoiled beans mixed up with some stuff. I heard it's very healthy. It seems as if it's the healthy food in Japan I really hate, like egg, Nato and tofu... I would rather search out other healthy food.
Again X, you encouraged this topic about Wives stay home. You asked why doesn't my landlord invite his wife out with us. Well it's simple, Japanese wives stay home at night. Well that's if they don't have the 18 hour jobs that most Japanese in general has. It's just an understanding in Japanese culture that the husband go out and chill, get drunk and do silly things with the guys, while the wives stay in, look after the kids and house stuff. If they have the 18 hour jobs, then they stay at work all day while the kids and house stuff are left up to the Grandmother. I must also mention that most Japanese, maybe 75% of them, don't depart from their parent's home.... Its either both parties in the marriage agree to stay with the husband's parents or with the parents of the wife. So a normal Japanese household consist of husband, wife, kids, plus mother and father of either the husband or the wife. You have a minor few of the wives who go out occasionally and as soon as it touches a certain time, they have to rush home.
Had only 2 classes today because my main school forgot that I should also go there tomorrow, which is not usual. I then went home but didn't go to my normal Wednesday English conversation thing because I was too tired. I stayed in and watched one of my favourite TV shows called..... DEXTER ... I started watching this series last year, off recommendation from my friends and now I am hooked. I watched the first 2 seasons and now season 3 started 2 weeks ago I think. If you don't know about it, it's about this blood splatter expert, forensic, police guy who is also a serial killer.
X - I tasted nato once and it wasn't extremely terrible but the smell and the look will turn you off instantly. It's actually spoiled beans mixed up with some stuff. I heard it's very healthy. It seems as if it's the healthy food in Japan I really hate, like egg, Nato and tofu... I would rather search out other healthy food.
Again X, you encouraged this topic about Wives stay home. You asked why doesn't my landlord invite his wife out with us. Well it's simple, Japanese wives stay home at night. Well that's if they don't have the 18 hour jobs that most Japanese in general has. It's just an understanding in Japanese culture that the husband go out and chill, get drunk and do silly things with the guys, while the wives stay in, look after the kids and house stuff. If they have the 18 hour jobs, then they stay at work all day while the kids and house stuff are left up to the Grandmother. I must also mention that most Japanese, maybe 75% of them, don't depart from their parent's home.... Its either both parties in the marriage agree to stay with the husband's parents or with the parents of the wife. So a normal Japanese household consist of husband, wife, kids, plus mother and father of either the husband or the wife. You have a minor few of the wives who go out occasionally and as soon as it touches a certain time, they have to rush home.
Now it leaves me to wonder, how much time the husband and their wives spend together here????? I am not yet brave enough to ask any of the married Japanese guys here that question... But looking on, most foreigners deduce that, the Japanese wives hardly get any love from their husbands, BUT most are still faithful to the very end. Infidelity is almost and I stress almost unheard of. I am sure it happens but if it does, it's viewed possibly the same as how homosexuality is viewed in Jamaica. There is this lady that comes to the Bible study I attend on Mondays. And her husband's family has a massive field with crops of all sorts. Now, this lady who is not used to the planting and uprooting business, is stuck every month or so, having to go and look after crops on the field. We asked her if she likes to do it. And her response was "I HATE IT" ... But she has to do it... In Japan, the way of doing things is to follow and obey everything. In the Western hemisphere its to invent and come up with new ideas. We would ask the question "Why don't you do that another way?" ... In Japan they will ask you "Why do you do it another way? "
The Japanese society is extremely honest and has a high morale... I use the word honest loosely. When I say honest, I mean in terms of work ethics and family stuff etc... But most will give you a load of bull when it comes on to other things. Like you will never hear anything bad about you, even if they think you are the worst person on the planet... They will never tell you that they are offended about a given situation... It's always some polite bull... They avoid confrontation at all costs and that's why any complaints about us ALTS are sent to our company, and not directly to us. They will tell you that you are nice and they like you and all manner of things, even if they don't. I am sure sometimes they do mean it, but when they don't, you will never know. So they will tell you no bounds of bull...
Even the Japanese language is full of bull. For example, here are a few Japanese words loaded with bull:
SHITeimaska - Do you know?
wakarimaSHITa - I understand
aSHITa - Tomorrow
Actually, adding maSHITa (no not mine nor yours) to most of the Japanese verbs, is the polite form of saying stuff in the past tense (soo full of bull shiteimaska)... For example
untenshimaSHITa - Drove
kiimaSHITa - Asked
hanashimaSHITa - Spoke (now you can literally tell someone that they are talking ______, without being offensive)
Continuing, now, the new generation coming up from Jr. High to High school, is getting increasingly more promiscuous.... Case in point, the short skirts that 80% of the females now wear, ultimately blinding the male teachers. Not only that, many of the females here somewhat enjoy flirting around with foreigners even if they already have a boyfriend. This is hardly true in the country areas but it's very very popular in the big cities like Tokyo and Osaka. This actually caused many a heartaches for many a foreigner.
Well take care for now...
The Japanese society is extremely honest and has a high morale... I use the word honest loosely. When I say honest, I mean in terms of work ethics and family stuff etc... But most will give you a load of bull when it comes on to other things. Like you will never hear anything bad about you, even if they think you are the worst person on the planet... They will never tell you that they are offended about a given situation... It's always some polite bull... They avoid confrontation at all costs and that's why any complaints about us ALTS are sent to our company, and not directly to us. They will tell you that you are nice and they like you and all manner of things, even if they don't. I am sure sometimes they do mean it, but when they don't, you will never know. So they will tell you no bounds of bull...
Even the Japanese language is full of bull. For example, here are a few Japanese words loaded with bull:
SHITeimaska - Do you know?
wakarimaSHITa - I understand
aSHITa - Tomorrow
Actually, adding maSHITa (no not mine nor yours) to most of the Japanese verbs, is the polite form of saying stuff in the past tense (soo full of bull shiteimaska)... For example
untenshimaSHITa - Drove
kiimaSHITa - Asked
hanashimaSHITa - Spoke (now you can literally tell someone that they are talking ______, without being offensive)
Continuing, now, the new generation coming up from Jr. High to High school, is getting increasingly more promiscuous.... Case in point, the short skirts that 80% of the females now wear, ultimately blinding the male teachers. Not only that, many of the females here somewhat enjoy flirting around with foreigners even if they already have a boyfriend. This is hardly true in the country areas but it's very very popular in the big cities like Tokyo and Osaka. This actually caused many a heartaches for many a foreigner.
Well take care for now...
Comments
re the young girls, is it that ur secretly hoping one of those girls would flirt with you?
You only live once!
PS editorial point: kikimashita = asked (^_^) lol. But it seriously looks like your Japanese is getting good (and that ain't no Japanese bull).
(Kesha)