Day 256 {Christmas Time Concert } - Sunday, November 30, 2008

Day 256 {Christmas Time Concert }

I went to chruch a bit late today but I caught most of the preaching part. I ate with them afterwards then went back to my apartment. The concert was to begin at about 6:30 pm but I was there from about 2:00 pm helping to set up the place and whatnot... They wanted me to help with the singing of the English version of silent night and Joy to the world... I even practiced with the pastor's daughter to do it.... But when it was time for me to actually do it, I think she got too nervous and forgot...But no big deal... I think in all there were about 80 - 100 people there... All Japanese, Chinese and Korean.. Well of course with the exception of me and the Bible study presenter who is American... And again, of course, all the persons who were there and didn't know me, stared at me endlessly... I can never fully get used to this it seem... Even after my presentation yesterday in the library, I was holding down my head for a while. Then as soon as I lifted up my head, I made eye contact with this lady and she was staring at me in amazement...

Anyway, I did my little Christmas chant thing along with actions... So everybody in the room was to move around and do the movement with somebody else at each new verse. The chant had 6 verses and I did it twice so in all they should make contact with at least 12 people... The Japanese culture is so apologetic that sometimes when they are greeting a new person, they have to be apologizing before by saying Sumimasen Sumimasen すみません ????? and this is just a little game .... So the chant goes like this:

Christmas time tap tap tap (people repeat while tapping another person's RIGHT hand 3 times)

Christmas time tap tap tap (people repeat while tapping another person's LEFT hand 3 times)

Say hoorayy tap tap tap (people repeat while tapping both hands of another person 3 times LOW)

Shiawase ( which means Happy) tap tap tap (people repeat while tapping both hands of another person HIGH)

Christmas time tap tap tap (people repeat while tapping another person's RIGHT hand 3 times)

Christmas time tap tap tap (people repeat while tapping another person's LEFT hand 3 times)

Then they change partners at the new verse and continue with the same actions. Very easy-to-understand lines... And It was fun.. My friend took some pictures for me but I didn't get a video sorry :(Only 1 person that I actually invited, came to it though... But overall it was a pretty good production... A band from Okayama City name NEO Storm was the main highlight...

Comments