Day 277 { Church in Japanese Only / Cleaning } - Sunday, December 21, 2008

Day 277 { Church in Japanese Only / Cleaning }

Went to church this morning but there were no English speakers. Hmmmm... I wonder if it makes any sense to still go there when there is no one to translate? When my translator friends are there then fine, but, if they are not what do I do?? Ohhhh we all eat after church :) .... The pastor's wife is so predictable... I could see her concern when her husband started to preach and I had no clue what he was saying. I saw she got up and in my mind I was saying "I bet she is trying to find some way to help me out but don't know what to do"... Yup and I was correct... she was walking around the entire house..looking for I don't know what...then finally she found an English to Japanese dictionary... 

now I was saying to myself... "what is she going to do what that???, I can bet you she is going to give it to me" ... So she and one of her daughters were there talking and touching up buttons on the dictionary... And I was there watching them all the time while the pastor was there preaching in Japanese, and I was amusing myself watching the pastor's wife and his daughter, trying to figure out some way to help me out... Well I give them credit for that...but what could they really do if they can't commnicate to me in English???... So I saw the pastor's wife with the dictonary in her hand...then after she sat there with it for about 2 minutes...as I predicted, she gave the dictionary to me...
Now, this dictionary was in only Japanese ... Absolutely no instructions in English... I however figured out how to use it. But, this was of absolutely no help to me at all, except to randomly type English and Japanese words in it, to find their meanings, while the pastor was preaching...


After church, one of the daughter's came to me..and all I heard was "Dave San" followed by "Japanese, Japanese, Japanese, and more Japanese"... I only understood the Dave San part...But, I ate with them..tried to converse a little, then I went home.

After church, I cleaned my apartment thoroughly...It took about 2 hours...Thanks to a friend who lent me a vacuum cleaner.

Comments

Derri said…
Why yuh a laugh after di ppl dem Dave? dem only a try help yuh out...LOL The things we do to 'try' help ppl...