Day 262 { Video Shoot #3 / Brazilian Restaurant / Kurashiki } - Saturday, December 6, 2008
Day 262 { Video Shoot #3 / Brazilian Restaurant / Kurashiki }
First thing this morning was my third video shoot. This was done while the place was unbelievably cold and while it was snowing a little. I had on a glove and my hands were still numb...The gloves made absolutely no difference at all in this type of cold... The other guys at the video shoot had on no gloves and they weren't complaining much... this video shoot was about music... To be more specific, Jamaican reggae music and Japanese henka music... It involved a very simple conversation in English...Maybe 7 lines tops... They also gave me a Playstation Portable with a big earphone, playing Bob Marley music. At the start of the video I was singing "ONE LOVE, ONE HEART"
After the video shoot, I went to a place name SOJA with 3 other persons...1 JET ALT and the other 2 persons were from the Wednesday English conversation. We went to a Brazilian restaurant and the food there was WONDERFUL!!!! ... Of course it reminded me of when I went to Brazil 2 years ago :) ... I ended up even buying this very big bottle of soda that I also had in Brazil called GUARANA... I wish I could come to this place more often.. I really enjoyed the food there, as against the school lunch that I get every day as well as the standard Japanese diet... As much as Japanese food is really healthy, the standard Japanese style food is not my favourite at all... This constant fish of all sorts and strange-looking stuff that most Japanese just can't seem to understand why many foreigners just don't really dig that kind of food... It's just not normal for us... Curry and rice, yaki niku, yaki soba and a couple of other things are truly GREAT stuff though...
We then went to Aeon mall in a close by city called Kurashiki...This is supposedly the most lively city in the Okayama prefecture, outside of Okayama city itself. There is even a movie theatre here... And I saw a guy selling some Jamaican stuff. I bought a new shoes, a new pair of glove as well as a few other items...This was my first time seeing more of Kurashiki properly as the last time I came here, it was only to meet someone and then leave...
Comments