Day 265 { Plans for Onsen } - Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Day 265 { More Plans for Onsen }

Today the man that is in charge of the Niimi library was asking me for my bank account number on the phone, to pay me for the presentation I did about Jamaica. This guy speaks very very little English so I could not understand exactly what he was asking. So I had to grab my bank book and run to a teacher who could speak English well, for him to speak to the librarian guy...

Later in the evening, a guy from the Wednesday English conversation, came to my apartment and we were discussing further logistics about us going to the Onsen with the other 3 Jamaican girls. 1 of the girls started to if and but, so that sound like she out of the question...In my estimation, if a Jamaican girl start to if and but then there is a good chance that it means no... It was for good reason though as she said she is planning to go to Jamaica in December...I wish I could do that. Me and my friend were also discussing the food and he said most of these places tend to serve raw fish for dinner. I made sure to tell him that the average Jamaican don't like these kinds of stuff... He was still subtly trying to tell me to go with the raw fish but I had to tell him plain and straight that we don't want that kind of food. I think he was trying to save himself the trouble of asking the people to change it but I don't know.

After this, I completed my recording for the radio program. I think this is too much of a hard job to be voluntary...Maybe if there was a nearby studio where I could go to do my recording and someone do the editing then it would be much better... But it's very hard to record and edit, and I'm not sure what quality they are looking for... But who knows what can happen from this... This first program will be about 25 mins and it's really introducing myself and talking a little about Jamaica...If you download it, please don't laugh at me...

Comments