Day 272 { Nomikai } - Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Day 272 { Nomikai }

The office lady at my Tuesday school, gave me a small 2009 Japanese calendar today. This lady is one of the nicest Japanese ladies I have met to date... There are many others who seem to be nice but she somewhat stands out.


After work today I went to a dinner thing that is known in Japan as NOMIKAI...or Drinking party... Really it's just like when a bunch of us go to a restaurant, sit around a table of food and drinks...Then we eat, drink and chat about anything at all. This one was planned by the Tuesday English conversation people. Six of us there were ALTs... It was a great time... One of the girls gave me a pack of udon noodles.

The main organiser who is the English professor at the college in Niimi, brought his little son who seem to be high on sugar... He is always running around and doing all manner of things.. He is only 3 and looks like a little dot, but his running around and throwing stuff has no end...He can hardly be controlled at such a tender age it seem, and is like a mini tornedo lol. The English professor has no time for him, so we all have to be watching out.

We then left the place at somewhere between 10:30 and 11 pm... And again, we had a GREAT TIME!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dave, thank you for attending this Nomikai. I am the English professor whose son was running around and around. He did have a GREAT TIME like you did at the party. I would like to thank (or say "sorry" to all the people there who had to watch out for him. I am going to introduce your blog to my students. I hope you don't mind.
Kiyoshi Yamauchi