Day 276 { Internet Radio Show Start / Driving Lesson } - December 20, 2008 <** 9 MONTHS ** >

Day 276 { Internet Radio Show Start / Driving Lesson / Special Guest } - <** 9 MONTHS ** >


Internet Radio show start

-------------------------------
Yes, friends, my Internet radio show starts today, 9 months after I got to Japan.. If you listen to it, please don't laugh at how I speak. I have to speak very slowly if I want the none English-speaking, Japanese audience to understand. If you are from Jamaica, then the little Japanese I speak in it, you might not understand. Please also try not to laugh at the stupid antics that I go on with.... Its Entertainment ok??? Stewart, now you get a better chance to hear my Japanese pronunciations... It's not as good as yours but hey, I'm trying. So again, the program may be found at the following:

CAMNET.JP/RADIO - This is for internet listeners (about 25 minutes)

CAMNET. JP - This is for listeners via cell phone (10 minutes)


Driving Lesson
-------------------
Woke up at about 6 this morning to catch a train in the 7:00 am bells. I started going to this other train station now which is only about 5-7 minutes away from me and has less stop lights to deal with before getting there. The only thing is that they told me I have to pay 200 yen to park my car... but that's no problem at all. So I got to Okayama City and met an Independent contractor (IC), the same one who went with me to the licence centre on Day 187 - September 22.... When I did this horrible scheme set up by the Japanese government to frustrate foreigners who drive and want a driver's licence, known as the 

"JAPANESE DRIVER'S LICENCE - (DRIVING) EXAMINATION"... As I mentioned before also, the written exam is very easy, but the practical is a pain.... I was told by many that it's next to impossible to pass this exam without lessons...So I sacrificed train fare ( 2560 yen ) plus 5000 yen (for the lesson) to drive around the actual course that I am going to take another attempt at the licence on. I will be making another attempt this coming Monday, December 22, God's willing...

There are 2 courses, and on the morning of the exam, they tell you which one everybody will be attempting. When I paid my 5000 yen, the guy told my IC that I can only practise on 1 and not both courses for the driving lesson...Because I would get confused... I was like, 5000 yen to practise on only 1 course????? Oh Lord, that's just ridiculous....I chose course 2 because it is the more difficult of the 2 courses plus I did course 1 on the last exam...Anyway, the driving instructor was really cool and he drove around course #2 first and told me what to do and what not to do... I then drove around it twice to get a good hang of it... It wasn't too bad... then he actually asked me if I want to try course # 1 and I of course said YES!!!! So I drove around course #1 as well... The instructor then told me all the best in the driving exam on Monday... He then told me he watched the movie cool runnings... Aaah if only this guy could be the examiner on Monday....

I then went to BIC Camera to exchange my Sonic the Hedgehog game to a game name Resistance 2..Because the reviews about Sonic were terrible but Resistance 2 had some good ratings. I also almost mistakingly cashed Far cry 2 for the XBOX 360 instead of the PS3... I only saw Far Cry 2 and ran to pick it up then when I was about to cash it, I noticed the XBOX logo on the game and had to run and take it back quickly. I played far cry 1 for the PC about 2 years ago I think, and to me, it was easily one of the best games I have ever played in my lifetime...Part 2 has some good reviews, so I surely will be getting it...When will I get the time to actually play these games..... that's another story....

Guest Artist
---------------
About 3 weeks ago, this guy invited me to sing some songs at a concert thingy that should be held today... So I said no problem. So the guy's brother picked me up today and showed me a flyer that had my name on it as GUEST ARTIST!!!!... Ahh bwoy.... The concert thingy was pretty interesting to say the least.

Comments

Derri said…
No Dave, di show bad! LOL i like when yuh talk in Japanese LOL. Wait a wah dis bout singing? singing? LOL Gwan have fun yah...LOL
Derri said…
Japan, Jamaica, Jamaica JAAAPPPAAANN!! LOL
Dave.....the radio interview mek me drop off my chair!!!
Thank you for that laugh - it's the funniest thing me ever hear in mi laugh!!!!

Can't wait on the 2nd one.