Day 259 { I Said No Eggs or Tofu are you Deaf? } - Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Day 259 { I Said No Eggs or Tofu are you Deaf? }
I only had 1 class at my main school today and it was at about 1:45 pm. I am now teaching about differnt countries and their names in English. to say China in Japanese is Chugoku and South Korea is Kankoku ... North Korea has a name that I can never remember. Out of all the classes at all the schools that I teach, this grade 5 teacher is the only one that actually includes the Jamaican flag in his teaching. On all the cards that are around, there are only a few countries on them, and I am sure that you can guess at least 3 countries that are on every single card at all the schools... The only African country I saw on a card at one school was Kenya...
I went to eat out with my landlord again at this restaurant where the owner jus serves me any food that he feels like to. I guess because I am not the one paying for it... I don't know where they get that idea from... I have eaten here many times before and I am sure he knows that I don't eat eggs nor Tofu... For some strange reason he decided to make a sandwich with egg in it mixed with mayonnaise. I thought to myself, "surely this is not egg", but because it looked so yellow, I asked...He said yes it's egg with mayonnaise.... I said to him again "I don't eat egg" .... He decided to still subtly force me to eat and said "But it has mayonnaise on it" ????? Apparently because I eat cake and lots of eggs are in cake... He thinks if you make egg and mix it with something else I would eat it... ???? I again said "I don't eat egg, and I haven't since I was 5 years old" .. Can you believe that this man was still subtly trying to force me to eat the egg?????
Then after this...he decided to make a soup for me then dropped it in front of me... The soup had lots of vegetable stuff and guess what??? TOFU!!! I am sure I told him also that I DON'T like TOFU!!! This man and my landlord were still telling me to take on the challenge... So I ended up drinking the soup, ate the other stuff and left the tofu in the plate.... Finally they realised that I wasn't going to change my mind... So eventually he made some curry and rice...and this I actually like... Why didn't he do this from the start??? He would have saved himself a whole lot of trouble...
Anyway, in this same restaurant, I also met the president of the Niimi College in my area... The first question this man decided to ask me was.... "Are you from SOUTH AFRICA??" I had to laugh to myself... So I told him no I am from Jamaica... Well this man actually knew some stuff about Jamaica.
I only had 1 class at my main school today and it was at about 1:45 pm. I am now teaching about differnt countries and their names in English. to say China in Japanese is Chugoku and South Korea is Kankoku ... North Korea has a name that I can never remember. Out of all the classes at all the schools that I teach, this grade 5 teacher is the only one that actually includes the Jamaican flag in his teaching. On all the cards that are around, there are only a few countries on them, and I am sure that you can guess at least 3 countries that are on every single card at all the schools... The only African country I saw on a card at one school was Kenya...
I went to eat out with my landlord again at this restaurant where the owner jus serves me any food that he feels like to. I guess because I am not the one paying for it... I don't know where they get that idea from... I have eaten here many times before and I am sure he knows that I don't eat eggs nor Tofu... For some strange reason he decided to make a sandwich with egg in it mixed with mayonnaise. I thought to myself, "surely this is not egg", but because it looked so yellow, I asked...He said yes it's egg with mayonnaise.... I said to him again "I don't eat egg" .... He decided to still subtly force me to eat and said "But it has mayonnaise on it" ????? Apparently because I eat cake and lots of eggs are in cake... He thinks if you make egg and mix it with something else I would eat it... ???? I again said "I don't eat egg, and I haven't since I was 5 years old" .. Can you believe that this man was still subtly trying to force me to eat the egg?????
Then after this...he decided to make a soup for me then dropped it in front of me... The soup had lots of vegetable stuff and guess what??? TOFU!!! I am sure I told him also that I DON'T like TOFU!!! This man and my landlord were still telling me to take on the challenge... So I ended up drinking the soup, ate the other stuff and left the tofu in the plate.... Finally they realised that I wasn't going to change my mind... So eventually he made some curry and rice...and this I actually like... Why didn't he do this from the start??? He would have saved himself a whole lot of trouble...
Anyway, in this same restaurant, I also met the president of the Niimi College in my area... The first question this man decided to ask me was.... "Are you from SOUTH AFRICA??" I had to laugh to myself... So I told him no I am from Jamaica... Well this man actually knew some stuff about Jamaica.
Comments
Well, at the least the guy knows that South Africa is a country and separate from saying just plain old Africa which is a continent.