Day 232 { Grade 5 and 6 Kids / Radio Show Host } - Thursday, November 6, 2008
Day 232 {Grade 5 and 6 Kids / Radio Show Host }
I cannot believe the questions that these grade 5 and grade 6 kids are asking me!!! My goodness!!!.... and the things that they want to know the English equivalent to... I was shocked to say the least... I just pretended as if I don't understand what they are saying "Wakarimasen, wakaranai wakarani" and try to escape from them. I remember a couple of the grade 6 kids coming up to me, pointing at their pants zipper and saying "Business Window"????? - MY LORD!!!! I don't even want to know what they were talking about.....
One of my Japanese friends from Okayama, told me that they would like to give me a free slot on a radio program in Okayama City. I took up the offer and will be meeting with some manager guy maybe next week. So now I should be on a TV show and a radio show... Yuh nuh si seh tings a gwaaan fi mi??? A joke nuh pay mi nuh mind...
So November 29 I should do a 45 minutes long presentation about Jamaica. I don't think this will be too difficult as the translator will take up half of the time. I met with this lady who was one of the main planning persons for the presentation event and she was giving me as much information as possible. Her English is good but it's not very very good so I hope she is not the one who will attempt to do the translating. The JET girl from California is also to do a presentation on the USA. I think We are going to get a little stipend for this presentation as well :)
Later on in the evening, I went to football again and once again it was only 5 of us, hence 3 vs 2... For the first set, I was on the 2 team then later on I was on the 3 team.
I cannot believe the questions that these grade 5 and grade 6 kids are asking me!!! My goodness!!!.... and the things that they want to know the English equivalent to... I was shocked to say the least... I just pretended as if I don't understand what they are saying "Wakarimasen, wakaranai wakarani" and try to escape from them. I remember a couple of the grade 6 kids coming up to me, pointing at their pants zipper and saying "Business Window"????? - MY LORD!!!! I don't even want to know what they were talking about.....
One of my Japanese friends from Okayama, told me that they would like to give me a free slot on a radio program in Okayama City. I took up the offer and will be meeting with some manager guy maybe next week. So now I should be on a TV show and a radio show... Yuh nuh si seh tings a gwaaan fi mi??? A joke nuh pay mi nuh mind...
So November 29 I should do a 45 minutes long presentation about Jamaica. I don't think this will be too difficult as the translator will take up half of the time. I met with this lady who was one of the main planning persons for the presentation event and she was giving me as much information as possible. Her English is good but it's not very very good so I hope she is not the one who will attempt to do the translating. The JET girl from California is also to do a presentation on the USA. I think We are going to get a little stipend for this presentation as well :)
Later on in the evening, I went to football again and once again it was only 5 of us, hence 3 vs 2... For the first set, I was on the 2 team then later on I was on the 3 team.
Comments