Day 246 {Ice on Car} - Thursday, November 20, 2008 [8 Months]

Day 246 {Ice on Car} - [8 Months]

Yes my 8th month in Nippon and again it seem like things have gone full circle with me again since I first got here... Remember last month I was complaining about I want to go home and yadda yadda??? I am now back in the mode to stay another year, sorry mom, sis, my Church family and my other friends who miss my company I miss you all too... seriously when I think about it, it makes me want to ..... ..... but no no no I'm a strong guy ....

So I woke up this morning rushing to go to work.....Only to see my windshield and the other glasses on the car FROZEN SOLID!!!! I was like...What in Jehoviah Shalom's name is this????? I sat in the car and turned on the heater while sitting in the car for about 5 mins and wondering why this Ice won't melt.... I used the windshield wiper and that was no good..... I went for a knife to attempt to scrape off the ice and that didn't work either.... If I continued with the knife....maybe it would have taken 30 mins to complete the scraping process.... So BINGO!!! I filled a bottle with water and poured it on the car and that worked...I then saw an ALT from upstairs walking towards me, and he said sometimes the water will refreeze when you pour it on.....so its best I get an ice scraping device from the home store. I was also told by a couple people that pouring water on the windshield can mess it up big time....

So I drove to my Thursday school which is in the top 3 very snowy areas that I have to travel to... When I got there, a whole lot of snow was on the school compound and the worst thing is that this school is on a little slope....And again I have no snow tyres. The teachers here also warned me that the SCHOOL TOMORROW IS ONE OF THE MOST SNOWY AREAS that I have to travel to and they HIGHLY recommend that I get snow tyres NOW!!!!! So I called my company again, and told them the urgency of my situation... So they said to go to smile service today, which is the place where I bought the car from... for them to put on the snow tyres...

It was 0 degrees celsius today and the sun was actually shining... You can only see the brightness of the sun but feeling the heat is impossible. I drove to smile service and they told me that they don't have my tyre size so I have to come back here tomorrow evening at 5:00 pm AFTER WORK..... I was like WHAT (NANI) !!!!! Just my luck....and I have to go to that dangerous snowing area tomorrow. I asked them how do I get to that dangerous place without snow tyres?? Then they told me that tomorrow will be ok (daijiobu) in that area and I don't have to worry because the FORECAST shows that there will be fine tomorrow. So I said "OK" and called my company to inform them of the situation...All they could tell me is to be careful on the road and of course, don't be late for work...Yes that's my company for you.... Actually, at a school near to where I should go, there was about 20 cm of snow there and they showed it in the newspaper...

I didn't play soccer today, because they are using the school gym to prepare for some sort of festival thing... All my schools are having this music/acting festival thing around this time. I was invited to one of them but unfortunately it was on a Sunday and the time was a little too early for me... I hope to see one soon though...

Actually Richard, the snow tyres going to cost only 25,000 yen for the 4 plus labour included ... suh mi only need to find the 10,000 yen and mi kriss...

My good friend X, be strong in this rough time....

Comments

Anonymous said…
I was wondering how much snow tires cost. I need to go get some before I leave to go home.

Its been a good year since I last saw snow. And after 4 yrs in the mountains of Pennsylvania, I'm not much caring for the snow.

I hope snow tires are cheap enough here, I think I will call the company to ask them where to get them. I usually rough things out myself, I always forget I can ask them.

Well, I gotta go study up. I have to venture to the travel agency this weekend. It may call for massive amounts of Japanese proficiency.

Kesha
(I forget the last time I even looked at my blog. You're really good about updates. Two thumbs up man!)