Day 252 { More Car Trouble } - Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Day 252 { More Car Trouble }
Got a call from my high School classmate this morning who was attempting to speak French to me. Bro, your voice hasn't changed one bit since high school, so I don't know what you were trying. While I was on the phone talking, my car was overheating AGAIN!!! Oh good Lord. So I had to stop for a while, then head to a gas station. The gas attendant guy then pulled off the radiator cap and used a hose to spray water inside, along with some stop-leak liquid. I saw my landlord drove by so I called him and he came. This brother was even willing to drop me to work... I then asked him if he isn't going to collect his rent....All he did was laugh.
I was running a little late so I called the school and the vice principal answered the phone... I was trying to explain to him that I am running late because I had some car trouble and I stopped at the gas station to ask for help... He interpreted what I said as "I am having car trouble please come and help me" ... So while I was on my way to the school, it was the vice principal blowing his horn, signaling me on the opposite side of the road... He looked at the car and inspected it, then asked me if it was ok now... So I told him that I think so... We then drove to the school... I explained the situation to one of the ladies at the school, who speaks a little English... And she started laughing at the vice principal... He also started laughing at himself...
After work, I picked up my other Jamaican friend at the Niimi train station. We had a meeting at the place where I used to check the internet when I just came to Niimi. Maybe about 8 of us were at this meeting, the Niimi folks along with some others from a nearby town name Takahashi...We discussed some company stuff, learned some new games to play with the children then that was it...It seems as if every single ALT that drive in Niimi is having some sort of car trouble...Well except the main ALT. She even warned us to stay away from the company that we bought the car from... I can't believe that I was still trusting them after all this time...
After the meeting I was wondering if I should go to the Wednesday English conversation, or go to Joyful with the other ALTs... My phone was dead so I couldn't call anyone... I told the other guys that I would come to Joyful, but when I drove around to meet the guy from the English conversation who would take us there, he was there waiting and looking a little disappointed... So I decided to go to the English conversation...I couldn't contact the other guys to tell them I can't make it to joyful, because my phone was dead. When I finally got home, I was super tired...
X thanks for the encouragement...
Hey XX, didn't you get that email saying that they will help us out with paying for tires??? Thank you for the encouragement also...
Comments
Best Regards,
Dudu from Brazil.