Day 249 { Radio Show Meeting / Problematic Car } - Sunday, November 23, 2008

Day 249 { Radio Show Meeting / Problematic Car }

I was rushing to Okayama city this morning for the radio show meeting, when low and behold, my car could not start. The battery light was also blinking... I was like... "Oh my Good Lord, why at this time???" So I had to call my friend who was more than willing to drop me at the train station, thank God for friends like those. So I bought the ticket then waited for the train at this station, which was different from the one I normally go to. So the people around this side probably never seen me before. Of course there were the never ending stares of surprise and wonder that I am still trying to get used to.

I then went to Okayama city, but the train stopped at some odd looking area that I wasn't used to. So what I did was simply followed the crowd and pretended as if I knew where I was going. The area started to look stranger and stranger and I was lost for about 7 minutes... I then saw a door that looked a little familiar. I went through it and walla!!! I was out in Okayama city via the basement. I then ran to go meet my friend who was extremely busy, because she had some sort of meeting with the Costa Rican ambassador I believe. So her phone kept ringing and she was spinning all over the place. She then dropped me to the studio to meet the guy who is in charge of the radio show thing.

The guy started to explain everything about the program to me and my friend would translate for me... I initially thought that I would have to go to the studio every month to do my recordings but it's not like that... Its wayyy more flexible...I would do my recordings in my apartment and email the final product to them in mp3 format using one of those big file sender websites. They will then edit whatever they need to then it will be aired. However, this will only be accessible via internet and cell phone, it's not on the regular radio... The internet program can go on for even 1 hour or even more but the phone program is only for 10 minutes. So I have to prepare 2 separate programs. My program will begin airing on December 20th, 2008 on camnet.jp/radio ... and also the 20th of every month. So wherever I am in the world, I can produce my program via my laptop. 

My first program will be introducing myself and talking about Jamaica. I hope to make it about 30-45 minutes long. My other programs will be about anything I want, as long as I am not saying bad stuff. So I plan to talk about my experiences in Japan as a Jamaican, Christianity and world religions, General knowledge, entertainment, music, what's happening in our world and whatever else comes to my mind. I can also interview people and ask friends to talk on my program as well.. so if any of you can record your voice and send the information to me...Then you can be on my program ... Let me know if you are interested and have access to a computer, a mic and a software to do recording...there are a couple of free ones. By the way, does anybody know how to get copyright permission for the use of music??? One of my problems I think though is that, my program will be in English and maybe a little Japanese, so not many Japanese people will listen to me blabber away in English.

After the program details I went to a store name Sof Map which is inside a bigger store called BIC Camera which is a massive electronic store in Okayama city. I purchased a 1gb ram chip for my laptop as well as Metal Gear solid 4 and Sonic the Hedgehog for the PS3 (which I am planning to take back soon because I read bad reviews about it). Richard isn't the PS3 a fascinating creation???

I then took the train back and my friend picked me up at the station... When I got home, I tested the car again and this time it started working...Praise the Lord!!! I have no clue what was wrong with it... I know that the radiator is sill leaking out water though, so the men didn't seem to do a thing to it on Friday...

Comments

Dave - PS3 mhad. Wireless controller goes a very far distance. Wireless Internet, browsing, podcast - it mad.
BUT
Something i just realise is that it better i get XBox 360 cause the 360 has a MUCH bigger gaming library and the online experience i've had with it is better than the PS3.
PS3 win out with BluRay though - can't beat that BUT with XBox 360 @ $199 now, i think if i get some extra money i may buy it. WORSE - the 360 can be modded more than the PS3.