Day 235 { On the Yacht / Laptop Dameh } - Sunday, November 9, 2008
Day 235 { On The Yacht / Laptop ダメです }
Another very very interesting day for me (Hey I'm on a roll)...
Woke up at the International Villa then had breakfast with the persons there. The guy who was in charge of the villa said that the villas will be closing down soon because the government cannot afford to maintain them any longer. A whole lot of stuff are closing down in Okayama now it seems. So, during breakfast, some other persons joined us then we started packing up to go out. After I helped to put the stuff in the cars, one of the ladies told me to drive with her, so I went along. We got lost.... even though the car navigational thing was telling her where to go, we still got lost. Luckily it was only for about 7 minutes or so, and the final destination wasn't too far off. We then took out the stuff we need to go on the yacht and headed out. This Japanese guy who loved Bob Marley's songs dearly came with us... This guy seem to know every single one of Bob Marley's songs word for word but it was the first time he was meeting a Jamaican.
So we all headed onto the yacht, firstly to check if it was working properly. So our sailor person moved off the yacht with us on it and it was going smoothly until the yacht engine decided to give a little problem. We then headed back to the yacht port with the wind speed. Luckily we didn't go to far out in the water...THEN!!
When we got back to the port, some mechanic guy checked the yacht engine and it started working properly again. So, we were heading back out into the ocean, BUT One of the girls decided that, "Ohh no, I ain't going anywhere on that thing again" ... So because of her nervousness, she didn't bother coming on the second time....What a smart girl she was!!!!!! Because the yacht was working perfectly when we were going towards Kagawa prefecture then suddenly, the engine started to act up again in the middle of the ocean....... I can't even begin to tell you how nervous I was... and this was only stage 1 of my nervousness...I have 3 stages.... So again we were depending on the wind to go to Kagawa but we didn't quite make it... So the sailor guy decided to turn back and head to Ushimado on wind speed only... Oh bwoy and here the drama unfolds...
When we got back to the port, some mechanic guy checked the yacht engine and it started working properly again. So, we were heading back out into the ocean, BUT One of the girls decided that, "Ohh no, I ain't going anywhere on that thing again" ... So because of her nervousness, she didn't bother coming on the second time....What a smart girl she was!!!!!! Because the yacht was working perfectly when we were going towards Kagawa prefecture then suddenly, the engine started to act up again in the middle of the ocean....... I can't even begin to tell you how nervous I was... and this was only stage 1 of my nervousness...I have 3 stages.... So again we were depending on the wind to go to Kagawa but we didn't quite make it... So the sailor guy decided to turn back and head to Ushimado on wind speed only... Oh bwoy and here the drama unfolds...
We were all in the yacht having fun and doing all manner of madness like:
Singing Bob Marley songs ...
Talking Jamaican dialect....
And just doing whatever....
I made them taste some banana chips as well as plantain chips, which they were all seeing and tasting for the first time... There is a different type of banana chips here in Japan, which is made from ripe banana so its very sweet..... The banana chips I gave them was a little crushed so one of the ladies on the yacht said... This isn't banana chips....Its BANANA POWDER!!... ... So after all this fun and laughter...the wind started to handle the yacht in a very negative manner...like making the yacht lean too far right or too far left.... At this time...My nervousness got to stage 2... Because guess what???? I CANNOT SWIM!!!! .... The sea started to make me feel sick after a while, so I went inside the little part where our stuff was stored... I remembered once or twice when the yacht tilted wayyy left and he stuff on the table inside the place I was, started sliding off and dropping on the floor as well was dropping on my friend that was sleeping inside where we were... This was when my nervousness got to stage 3 and I started asking God to forgive me for all the wrongs that I had done since I was 12.
I cannot recall a time in my life when I was so nervous...SERIOUSLY!!! Well except when I had a flight full of turbulence, coming from Miami in 2006. I started praying about everything... This was while the others were outside talking all sort of Japanese stuff...and seem like nothing was wrong????? So I decided that I can't deal with this nervousness so I tried to go and sleep... Now, nervousness and sea sickness don't go well together at all... I was there trying hard to sleep but no no no.. It would not happen.... So after about 30 mins of lying down... I came back out of the sleeping part and just decided to say to myself...whatever will be, will be... so I sat and experienced the winds rocking the yacht left and right while thinking about the story of Jesus in the boat with his disciples... Someone then came in and said ... "Don't worry Dave, we will be back at Ushimado in a whopping 1 HOUR!!!!! So I decided to just wait it out until we finally got there... My my my.... I was happy to be alive....
I cannot recall a time in my life when I was so nervous...SERIOUSLY!!! Well except when I had a flight full of turbulence, coming from Miami in 2006. I started praying about everything... This was while the others were outside talking all sort of Japanese stuff...and seem like nothing was wrong????? So I decided that I can't deal with this nervousness so I tried to go and sleep... Now, nervousness and sea sickness don't go well together at all... I was there trying hard to sleep but no no no.. It would not happen.... So after about 30 mins of lying down... I came back out of the sleeping part and just decided to say to myself...whatever will be, will be... so I sat and experienced the winds rocking the yacht left and right while thinking about the story of Jesus in the boat with his disciples... Someone then came in and said ... "Don't worry Dave, we will be back at Ushimado in a whopping 1 HOUR!!!!! So I decided to just wait it out until we finally got there... My my my.... I was happy to be alive....
We then exchanged numbers and stuff then stopped at an ice cream place then a little restaurant place.... I then went to Church with Takako and her friend then they dropped me to the train station and I headed to my apartment... I got in about 10:30pm and guess what??? My laptop stopped functioning!!!! Oh my Lord what am I going to do now!!!!! I think it's the Hard disk though as it was warning me to change it for about 3 months now...
I think this was a very good day though and it was really fun, especially remembering what took place... I think I would do it again actually :)
Comments
In other news, you need to learn to swim man, you grew up on an island and cant swim? wth
Oh I think the word u want (instead of dame [weh u get h from]) is kowasu - to be in trouble or be destroyed. So - pasocon ga cowashimashita (cowashita - plain form)
LEARN TO SWIM MAN - or make the cute girl save u