Day 227 {Thick Fog / Meet Bulgarian Friend in Hiroshima } - Saturday, November 1, 2008
Day 227 { Thick Fog / Meet Bulgarian Friend in Hiroshima }
For me it seem as if October ended rather quickly... And this month is already going to be jam packed with activities it seem. I have a bunch of events to attend on the Saturdays in November...
So this morning, I got up early and drove out towards Tojo in Hiroshima. The temperature was 5 degrees celsius (it seem as if each new day it is dropping by 2) and I was driving through a very very thick fog. I have never driven through a fog like this in all my life. There was almost no visibility and it was outstandingly cold. I only see the cars that are driving in the opposite direction when they pop out of the fog and drive past me. I was of course scared as this was the first time I was experiencing anything like this at all.
I got through it though and the fog eventually started to lift. I then met my friend from the Wednesday English conversation and she followed me to get a bus ticket to Hiroshima City. It took about 2 hours to get to Hiroshima, then I met my Bulgarian friend there. We ate and walked around for a while then went to the peace park. While at the peace park, 2 oldish Japanese women walked up to us and started talking. We found this strange as not too often do you find Japanese people just suddenly come and talk to foreigners...VERY RARELY does this happen...
For me it seem as if October ended rather quickly... And this month is already going to be jam packed with activities it seem. I have a bunch of events to attend on the Saturdays in November...
So this morning, I got up early and drove out towards Tojo in Hiroshima. The temperature was 5 degrees celsius (it seem as if each new day it is dropping by 2) and I was driving through a very very thick fog. I have never driven through a fog like this in all my life. There was almost no visibility and it was outstandingly cold. I only see the cars that are driving in the opposite direction when they pop out of the fog and drive past me. I was of course scared as this was the first time I was experiencing anything like this at all.
I got through it though and the fog eventually started to lift. I then met my friend from the Wednesday English conversation and she followed me to get a bus ticket to Hiroshima City. It took about 2 hours to get to Hiroshima, then I met my Bulgarian friend there. We ate and walked around for a while then went to the peace park. While at the peace park, 2 oldish Japanese women walked up to us and started talking. We found this strange as not too often do you find Japanese people just suddenly come and talk to foreigners...VERY RARELY does this happen...
Then we found out that they were Jehoviah's Witnesses ... (Yes they are here in Japan too)... And these ladies just would not go away... And they can hardly speak English... Eventually, they gave me this WatchTower book and then went off...Then suddenly, about 20 mins later, another set of Japanese people stopped and started a conversation. This time it was 4 of them and there was one youngish looking girl in this group. So when I saw them starting a conversation as if they were genuinely like that, I lifted the WatchTower book and showed them and they were like "Oh Oh oh ok" ...
Then she told me that I should read it. And it was just like that they didn't feel like talking anymore .... Hmmm so much for being friendly... Not that I wanted them to stay around anyway... I asked them why is it that they seem to stop at where I am??? Then she said maybe it's because I am attractive (This was far from flattering as both times it was 2 old women...the younger girls WILL NOT come up and talk to foreigners like that)... I then said to her that maybe it's because I look poor and look different from them that's why... And they didn't disagree with me; well, they didn't agree either... Also while we were there sitting, this kid came up and could not stop staring at me... So I snapped a picture of her...
I eventually took the 5:00 pm bus back to Tojo, but when I was going on the bus, I asked the driver "Tojo Desu?" - meaning is this the Tojo Bus... And the driver started shaking his hand profusely and staring at me as if he was scared while saying "Tokyo no no no" .... Then I repeated "Tojo" and he said "ooh Tojo Daijobu" - Ok yes this is the Tojo bus... How did he even hear Tokyo in the first place???
Michelle - I would love to upload more video of me teaching but unfortunately, the schools don't really allow this. My main school would probably but then I don't want to bother those teachers at all. So I'm going to have to probably video more out of work activities... But I will still see what I can do :D
X - if it was the normal post your peeps used to send your stuff to Japan from Jamaica, then may God help you in getting that anytime soon!!!
XX - mi ago ship off 2 tin Mackrel ova China fi yuh zeen :D
I eventually took the 5:00 pm bus back to Tojo, but when I was going on the bus, I asked the driver "Tojo Desu?" - meaning is this the Tojo Bus... And the driver started shaking his hand profusely and staring at me as if he was scared while saying "Tokyo no no no" .... Then I repeated "Tojo" and he said "ooh Tojo Daijobu" - Ok yes this is the Tojo bus... How did he even hear Tokyo in the first place???
Michelle - I would love to upload more video of me teaching but unfortunately, the schools don't really allow this. My main school would probably but then I don't want to bother those teachers at all. So I'm going to have to probably video more out of work activities... But I will still see what I can do :D
X - if it was the normal post your peeps used to send your stuff to Japan from Jamaica, then may God help you in getting that anytime soon!!!
XX - mi ago ship off 2 tin Mackrel ova China fi yuh zeen :D
Comments