Day 230 { Japanese Foods That I Don't like } - Tuesday, November 4, 2008


Day 230 { Japanese Foods That I Don't like }

I got some disturbing news today online, that I wish I didn't get. So I was a little down for the entire day...

My Landlord took me to dinner again and I ate yaki soba, chicken and squid. We then went to a second place to eat again and this was a karaoke place. I was telling my landlord about the popular Japanese foods that I don't like... Eg. Nato, Egg, tofu and this fish called Iwashi - which is a fish that seems to be screaming at you before you eat it, and has some little eggs inside it...The taste to me and to most foreign people is horrible!!! 

It so happens that at this second place, they dropped that exact fish in front of me, and instantly my landlord started dying with laughter...There was this other Japanese guy sitting next to me with his wife.. This is the first time I can remember seeing a Japanese man out at the bar with his wife... This just doesn't happen... So both the man and his wife were there talking to me and I was also telling them about the food I don't like here in Japan. I proceeded to describe how the Iwashi fish looks like it is screaming with its mouth wide open, and this guy decided to throw one of the fish in my mouth. I had to spit it out instantly. He then walked off quickly with his wife, before I could choke him.

Comments

Anonymous said…
...that was really not funny and a nice thing for him to do.