A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Days 1229 - 1235 Sunday, July 31, 2011 - Saturday, August 6, 2011

Days 1229 - 1235
Sunday, July 31, 2011 - Saturday, August 6, 2011


I realized recently that over 10,000 persons already viewed my blog since I started in 2008. I know some of the views are from bots and random accidental clicks but still, thanks for viewing my diary/journal of my journey through Japan. As promised, this week will be FULL of events....

Day 1229 ( Back from Roppongi )
Sunday, July 31, 2011

Got back to my apartment from Roppongi in Tokyo at about 8:30 am this morning. Roppongi is the only place in Japan where you see many people of different races mixed with a crowd of Japanese. You will particularly see quite a bit of Africans around the area, trying to get you to go inside the clubs.

After I got back, both my ears were ringing and I was tired. So I slept then woke up at about 2pm.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1230 ( Transformers - Dark of the Moon )
Monday, August 1, 2011

Went to the theater with 2 of my friends. My Jamaican friend who was at training with me in 2008, will be staying at my apartment for 2 nights, starting from to night. He lives in a prefecture called Niigata, which borders Fukushima, where the whole nuclear disaster is taking place.

So, me, him and another friend watched transformers - Dark of the moon, which is the 3rd in the series of transformer movies. The action was magnificent but the story was terrible. Actually, take away the action and the movie is a pile of rubbish. So I give it a 6.5/10.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Day 1231 ( English Conversation Class 2 )
Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Had my second English conversation class with the student that found me on student-teacher.com. Tonight we spoke about movies. A home work I gave her last week, was to tell me her 3 favourite movies of all time, and what she liked about them. She said she liked:

1) Dream girls

2) Some Japanese movie that I can't remember the name

3) Inception (which is one of my all time favourites as well)

After the English conversation class, I had dinner with my friend who was staying by me, and another one of my friends at TGIF in Yokohama.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1232 ( Fuji Q Highland )
Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Woke up at 5:20 am this morning and left out with my friend who was staying by me. We met up with another friend at the Yokohama station then we headed to another part of Kanagawa prefecture name SAGAMIHARA. Its about 45 mins from Yokohama. We met up with another person there. Then another 10 persons came.... In all 14..

We then went to Yamanashi prefecture in 2 cars to go to FujiQ Highland. It took only 1 hr 30 mins... which is the same distance from Niimi to Okayama city by car. So we got to FujiQ highland which is also near to Mt. Fuji (the highest mountain in Japan) and we met up with 2 Jamaicans there. It was the first time I was going to an amusement park in like 17 years....and we had to wait in line for about 2 hours then go to this new roller coaster, that opened just July this year name:

Takabisha, opened on 16 July 2011, contains a 121° freefall (being the steepest on any attraction anywhere in the world), as well as seven major twists over 1000 metres of track, and a drop of 43 metres.

It was scaaaaaary.... but exciting at the same time and it lasted only 2 mins. But wow, I can't fully describe it in words. If you have a weak heart... Do not go near that thing....







Next we went on the:

Fujiyama, 79 metres tall, 130 km/h, opened in 1996 and was once the world's tallest roller coaster. As of 2007 it is the world's 8th tallest, 5th longest, and 10th fastest roller coaster

This too was scary and it took like 2 mins as well to complete, while waiting in line for about 1hr 30 mins.














After this, I was going to go to a haunted mansion that several persons were lining up to go in, but I didn't go. Most of us paid to use free rides for the entire day, while others paid for only 3 rides. The haunted mansion required us to pay 500 yen extra.

I then went on this little boat thing. It was more relaxing than exciting...


After this, a couple of us waited 3 hours to go on another ride. We had to wait so long because the rain was falling. We surely wouldn't want a roller coaster slipping off right.... yes so we waited and finally we got a chance to go on the:
Eejanaika, 76 metres tall, 126 km/h, opened in 2006 and is only the second "4th Dimension roller coaster" ever built (the first being at Six Flags Magic Mountain inCalifornia). As a "4th dimension" roller coaster its seats can rotate 360 degrees forward or backward in a controlled spin, thus allowing Eejanaika to invert 14 different times, even though the actual track inverts only three times. It surpasses the first built "4th dimension" roller coaster, X², in both height and speed.

And I don't care what anyone want to say but this was the scariest of them all. This thing flips you right side up and up side down, all while your sailing through the air at break neck speed. If you look down, you might see somethings look like ants walking around. Those ants are people. Some time the thing that is keeping you securely in place, feels like it will break open anytime... This was the most scariest of them all to me...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egy_uL9CS8Q

After this we went back to Sagamihara then to Yokohama.

This is a video I made there... Even though I couldn't take the camera on the roller coaster.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNGM9Be9i0E


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1233 ( Visit from Niimi Friend )
Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Canadian friend who I did darts and karate with visited me this morning in Yokohama. He is travelling to England so he stopped by to take the train to the main Airport tomorrow. So today I showed him around Yokohama with my other friend. We went to a run down Amusement park in Yokohama,










then to China town where we all had lunch.








After that we headed for the Yokohama bay, then 3 of us took the ferry back to near the train station.





















I then bought 5 tickets known as the "juuhachikippu"(18 year old ticket)... Each cost 2500 yen but I got a discount because I bought 5. What this ticket does is get you all over Japan for the 2500 yen that you paid for the ticket. The catch is that we can only use local trains which are sloooow. I am planning to go to Niimi from Yokohama tomorrow. It should take only 14hours .... yes 14 hours!!! But I can get too see several prefectures....Its just that I can't fall asleep for too long on any one train...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1234 ( From Yokohama to Okayama )
Friday, August 5, 2011

Left out with my friend to go to Yokohama station. I met up with another friend in Yokohama and we went all the way to Okayama from Yokohama via local trains... It was quite a trip.. Got the first train at 5:47 am and got to Niimi at 7:32 pm ....

We went through the following prefectures, Kanagawa, Shizuoka, Aichi, Gifu, Shiga, Kyoto, Osaka, Hyogo, Okayama .... it was about 600 km / 372 miles.

I am staying at the lady that keeps Bible study on Mondays. So her husband came for me at the station in Niimi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1235 ( Niimi Festival - Furusato Matsuri )

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Went to the yearly festival in Niimi. This is only my second time, because usually I am travelling to some other country at this time in summer. I met up again with a couple of my friends from Niimi, including my former landlord. I saw some of the very first set of students I taught when I just came to Niimi. Next year they will be entering high school.
































And here again is a video of what took place at the festival.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRZutGSEYQ8&feature=youtube_gdata

2 comments:

dwayne2d3d said...

hey Dave,
i think it takes alot of dedication every week to keep this blog up. I always enjoy reading it.....

well take care and hopefully you get another 10,000 hits in the future....

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Bredrin....the Roller Coster them...bwoy somebody wud have to push me on those star. 121 degree drop? lol - Mi belly wudda tear out