A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Dr. Usain Bolt / Bizarre Foods in Jamaica

Days 1327 - 1333

Sunday, November 6, 2011 - Saturday, November 12, 2011

Another somewhat boring week.


Day 1327 (Usain Bolt Honorary Doctorate )

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Went to church then rushed home as soon as it was over to do some reading. I am studying some stuff and hopefully I will be done by or before March 2012.


UWI conferring honorary LL.D. degrees on Bolt


SPRINT king Usain Bolt, as well as corporate executives Minna Israel and Earl Jarrett will be conferred with honorary Doctor of Laws (LLD) degrees by the University of the West Indies (UWI) in November this year.
According to the May 2011 issue of the UWI magazine Mona News, Bolt, Israel and Jarrett are among 20 "regional icons" who will be named honorary graduands for their contribution to regional advancement at the graduation ceremonies to be held on the UWI's four campuses across the Caribbean beginning on October 15

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/UWI-conferring-honorary-LL-D--degrees-on-Bolt--Israel--Jarrett_9156551#ixzz1dZDiBQGx



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1328 ( Messed up Bank book )
Monday, November 7, 2011

Went to the ATM to send off some money to a friend of mine. I wasn't quite sure how to do it so I asked one of the ladies in the bank to help me out. I noticed that my bank book kept returning from the machine and asking me to re insert it. So I queried that also, only to realize that the book somehow got destroyed in my bag. They said that I have to get a replacement tomorrow. I did manage to send the money though because I had a bank card.










~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1329 ( Backache )
Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Went to the bank to change my bank book. They said maybe I have too many stuff in my bag that got the book messed up.

I am again having constant backaches for about 2 weeks now. I need to get a new chair. But my apartment is too small to fit a nice chair in it.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~








Day 1330 ( Bizarre Foods )
Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Today one of the English supporter persons baked banana bread for me and it was quite delicious. I am going to ask her if she can bake some more.



Bizzare foods

Jamaica was featured on this travel channel documentary known as Bizarre foods. Where this Jewish-American guy (That dude in the orange shirt) travel all over the world sampling different types of food.

These are some standard fruits in Jamaica that are not common in other parts of the world.

otaheite apple or Malay apple
















Star apple
















Jimbilin / star fruit















Our national fruit - Ackee

























Jack fruit

















Nesberry














Ok there are too many of them including sweet sop, sour sop, breadfruit, june plum, cooley plum and much much more.... If you show these fruits to people in Japan and possibly other first world countries, they will be quite surprised that something like this actually exist. Some of them can be found in places like Cambodia and Thailand though.

This is the link to the Bizarre Foods show... Its about 30 mins but its very interesting I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SxTFQfrI6_g

They also came to Tokyo, Japan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmYgsd5CvEQ


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1331 ( Japanese Teachers Stressed )
Thursday, November 10, 2011


Did evening lesson after work today with my student. Again we spoke about sports and strayed off in quite a few different topics.


Teachers bolt jobs over mental angst


The number of first-year teachers who left their job for health reasons has increased twentyfold over the past 10 years, with most citing apparent emotional issues, an education ministry survey has found.

According to the survey, conducted on 25,743 public school teachers who began working in fiscal 2010, 101 voluntarily left within a year for "health" reasons, mainly depression and stress, compared with five in fiscal 2000.
Ninety-one of the 101 who quit were suffering emotional issues such as depression, the ministry said Tuesday.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nn20111110a5.html


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1332 ( Nuke in Modern Warfare 2)
Friday, November 11, 2011

Normal day.

After work I played Modern Warfare 2 with my friend and we partnered for me to get a nuke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Day 1333 ( Thor )
Saturday, November 12, 2011

Yow Happy Birthday Richard mi bredrin...





Stayed in all day. Watched a movie name Thor. I expected it to be better but it wasn't so bad. I much preferred green lantern. I give Thor a 6/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



@Richard .... I personally think that the US guy did a better job than her in the singing, naah lie. I do admit that Japanese in a general sense tend to favor USA over other countries in almost anything they do, maybe because the US is protecting them amongst other possible reasons.

2 comments:

Bjorn J. said...

What!!!! This evoked a comment> Green Lantern over Thor??? U sure you okay my friend lol

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Thanks for the b-day wishes.
Ahm...the wording for your fruits messed up. You have 2 pictures for ackee but beside the 2nd picture is the title "jack fruit"

You need fi reorganize that b4 you confuse people.