A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, September 13, 2015

A Visit back to Niimi, Okayama, Japan

Wow wow wow.

Haven't updated in a month !!! I'm sure this has been the longest break in the 7 years since I'm blogging.



Day 2692 ( Back From Italy )
Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Landed in Japan from the looong trip to Italy. Again one of my best trips to date. But my flight was delayed and we got back to Japan late. Fortunately, the customs were quick with us and we managed to get a bus to Yokohama. It took about 30 minutes. Had to take a taxi from Yokohama back to my apartment.

Actually we were lucky that the flight got delayed, because we would get stuck in this crowd that got stranded because a circuit got short circuited.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2695 (Back to Niimi 1)
Friday, August 7, 2015

Used my ANA Airline points and traveled to Osaka today. Then took a bus from Osaka to Niimi. It took almost 4 hours.

Had dinner with my old Landlord in Niimi.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2696 (Back to Niimi 2)
Saturday, August 8, 2015

Went to the yearly Niimi Festival today. I try to go every year but some years like last year when I was in Jamaica, I couldn't get to go. Met some old friends, students, teachers and others.


Rocking the Yukata

Old students

More old students.. Who I don't remember but they spotted me out


Cameraman for my TV show and a random old friend

More old students, I remember these

Old friend who loves Jamaican culture



Best friend in Niimi

First Vice principal of my main school and former head of BOE


video



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2700 ( Tour Guide For a Day )
Wednesday, August 12, 2015

My company got the contract to run an orientation program of sorts for some new JET ALTs. Its always weird how my company is competing against JET but also working with them at the same time. Oh well, who cares.

I was tour guide for a day for some new JETs. We all did 4 main things;

1) Learn and demonstrated how to use the fire extinguisher properly

2) Watch a movie about Japan and earthquakes

3) Did an earthquake drill

4) Went to a Museum in Tokyo

After all this we met at the Sensoji Temple. And here we are;



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2716 ( Dinner at a Jamaican Restaurant with a few Co Workers )
Friday, August 28, 2015

Had dinner with some co-workers after work at Good Wood Terrace Jamaican restaurant in Shibuya.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: