A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Days 732- 738 <{ }> Sunday - Saturday, March 21 - 27, 2010

Days 732- 738 <{ }> Sunday - Saturday, March 21 - 27, 2010

Ok so this week wasn't quite as exciting for me as last week. But I think next week will even be more exciting than last week.

Day 732{}
Sunday, March 21, 2010

Didn't do a thing today except went to Japanese class in the night and asked my teacher to translate a speech for me in Japanese... My main school asked me to give a short speech in Japanese on Tuesday for the school closing ceremony...

==============
==============

Day 733 { Negotiating With Publisher }
Monday, March 22, 2010

So I am really working hard at writing a book with my poetry. I think I am about 80% finished now. I am just waiting for some of my poems to be translated in Japanese... Which, is probably one of the most difficult parts, because the persons who I ask to help me with the translation are all very busy. So all I can do is wait. I am also asking some of my graphic artist friends to produce a book cover for me. As you see, may Idea of a cover isn't too fancy at all.

So I spoke to the lady who is supposed to be publishing my book today for over 3 hours on skype. She was outlining the cost etc. to me and we were trying to negotiate terms. I also spoke to another friend of mine on skype for about 2 hours. This is pretty much all I did today, which marks the start of spring.

==============
==============


Day 734 { Last work Day 2009-2010 School Year }
Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Today was my last day at this school for the 2009-2010 school year. I got a year book from the grade 6 kids who I may not be seeing again and a standing ovation from the teachers while I was leaving. I really like the teachers at this school and In took a photo with them because next school year they may change some of them. One thing I hate about this end of year thing is that in the book that the grade 6 kids are supposed to make, they always attempt to draw a picture of me. Sadly, the drawings of me always look like some strange creatures.

I also did my speech in Japanese, and here is a clip of it.. The audio is a little low though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRdrHrVFhjA

Anyway, after work, I went for a haircut and met up with my friend Noel who lives in the area where I get my haircut.

Later, I got an email from the lady who is supposed to publish my book saying she can't do it again :( So I am going to have to search out other options now.

==============
==============


Day 735 {}
Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Stayed in most of the day but withdrew some money and also put some gas in my car. I am seriously broke this month...

==============
==============

Day 736{ Sherlock Holmes Again }
Thursday, March 25, 2010

Today is the first day of my spring vacation/end of contract. So I can say technically that I am now unemployed until I get a sudden call or email from my company saying, "please go to work tomorrow"

In the morning, I drove to the nearest major city (Kurashiki) to my town along with my friend Catherine (who is leaving to tour Asia then head back to England) and a first year student from the college nearby. We went together to the mall to watch Sherlock Holmes. I watched it before with bad audio but at the theatre it was really great.

While driving back home, I made only 2 wrong turns, which is an improvement :)








==============
==============

Day 737 {}
Friday, March 26, 2010

Stayed in most of the day today. My friend brought lunch for me in the afternoon though. I then went to the bank, then to purchase my bus ticket to head out for Osaka on Tuesday.

Day 738 {}
Saturday, March 27,2010

Stayed in all day but 3 friends visited me at my apartment. We had some nice laughing time. But that was pretty much my day today. Went no where at all.

5 comments:

Stewy said...

Just to test your Jap language, were you able to read that pic you wrote flawlessly? Cuz I was, but I know I'm a bit more advanced than u.

I can say that from the videos you posted the student must be right, because you certainly do some interesting stuff

dwayne2d3d said...

i don't think that drawing they did was that bad....
don't think too much into it..

What the kids wrote to you in the book was kool...

Study their language diligently that way it broadens your opportunity..
-peace-

dwayne2d3d said...

If you are a very technical person here is a book that will help you learn Kanji.

"A GUIDE TO REMEMBERING JAPANESE CHARACTERS"


It tell's you the etymology of each character, so it makes sense rather that just learning strokes of each kanji, which will drive you insane after the first 200 kanji.


Also try to learn the 255 radicals on your own. All!! i repeat ALL!! KANJI that you will ever see even ones that are not in common use are a combination of those 255 radicals, so it will aid retention..

dwayne2d3d said...

If you are a very technical person here is a book that will help you learn Kanji.

"A GUIDE TO REMEMBERING JAPANESE CHARACTERS"


It tell's you the etymology of each character, so it makes sense rather that just learning strokes of each kanji, which will drive you insane after the first 200 kanji.


Also try to learn the 255 radicals on your own. All!! i repeat ALL!! KANJI that you will ever see even ones that are not in common use are a combination of those 255 radicals, so it will aid retention..

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Dave - Day 734 - standing innovation again.