A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Days 1012 - 1018 Sunday, December 26, 2010 - Saturday, January 1, 2011


Days 1012 - 1018
Sunday, December 26, 2010 - Saturday, January 1 , 2011


Day 1012 { At Akihabara }
Sunday, December 26, 2010

Spent almost the entire day today in the electronics / games / anime district of Japan name AKIHABARA in Tokyo. Here is a short video clip of my walk in Akihabara http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAAojNMgps8 I went in a couple of stores just to feast my eyes. But I succumbed to the advertisements of these Big screen television sets and ended up buying a 37 inch Sharp Aquos. I chose this one out of the others because the menu can be changed to English. The others can't.

********************************
********************************

Day 1013 { At Kawasaki in Kanagawa }
Monday, December 27, 2010

Left from Tokyo and made a 30 mins trip to the adjoining prefecture name Kanagawa. I got the directions where to go from a former student of mine in my last job. I plan to spend 2 nights at his place. He got married to a Japanese in May 2009 and moved to Japan in January 2010.



After arriving at the station, my former student met me along with his wife at the station. The name of the area is Kawasaki. We ate at a restaurant then went to a place name book off that sell second hand games and game systems for very cheap. My former student, Jermaine also happen to be a lover of games, only he is a little worst than me. Afterwards I went by their apartment with them and had curry chicken for with them for dinner.

********************************

********************************

Day 1014 { Shibuya and Uniqlo }
Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Went back to the Tokyo area with Jermaine to try and change the TV I bought to a 40inch. But the guys said the 37 inch was already being prepared to go to my apartment so for now it cannot be done. But I can try again when it actually arrives at my apartment.

We then went to the very lively area of Shibuya in Tokyo. I really like the night life in this city... Many people and many things to do daily. The total opposite of where I live now. I bought some heat tech garments ( which I was told can keep people warm ) in a famous store in Japan name uniqlo. We then headed back to Kawasaki

********************************
********************************


Day 1015 { New Note Book }
Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Left from Jermaine's place and went again to Shinjuku to meet a new friend. We walked around a bit then we had dinner at TGIF in Ueno, Tokyo.

She got an iphone 4 today along with a portable wifi thing and a notebook laptop.

She said she didn't want the notebook laptop so she gave it to me :D

********************************
********************************
Day 1016 { Back to Okayama :( }
Thursday, December 30, 2010

Left from Ueno, Tokyo and bought breakfast at a nearby Starbucks. I then headed for the Tokyo station to take the high speed train ( Shinkansen ) to head for Okayama city. The Tokyo station was packed with people and I wanted to take the 11:10 am train but because there were so many people waiting, I missed that train but I got a seat on the 11:30 train. These trains are super fast but also super expensive. One way from Okayama to Tokyo is equivalent to US$155 and that is for the non-reserved seats.

It takes about 3hr 30 mins on the Shinkansen from Tokyo to Okayama city. Got there at about 2:50 pm and saw an ALT from Niimi, at the station in Okayama. He was also in Tokyo for the Christmas. We then took a train back to Niimi.

After experiencing the things I did in 2010, this was really a good winter vacation.

******************************** ********************************

Day 1017 { New Year and Congratulations Party }
Friday, December 31, 2010

The last day of the year 2010, and I don't plan to spend it in my apartment doing absolutely nothing. Luckily, my friend Marlon, a fellow Jamaican who lives about 1 hour 30 mins from me had invited me to this end of year party that his newly married Italian friend was hosting. His Italian friend who is living in this remote rural town, even more rural than Niimi where I live, got married to a Japanese girl. They are both 25.
























I
left out of my apartment at about 4:30 pm in order to avoid driving in the dark. I drove on the express way for only the second time while living in Japan. It took about 1 hour then I met up with my friend Marlon. We then drove for about 30 mins to his apartment for me to park my car there. The are he live in is known as Yubara, where many hot water baths (onsen) are. There was a lot of snow on the road, and we were going up some mountains. But the journey was not over yet. After parking my car, I drove in his car for another 30-45 mins to go to a place name Hiruzen in some serious snow. I have never seen snow like this in Japan.


We got to the house where the party was going to be held, and I met quite a few persons. We all had a pretty good time there.
******************************** ********************************
Day 1018
{ HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011
あけまして おめでとう ございます
。Akemashite Omedetou Gozaimasu }

Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR
!!! to every one. Thanks to all of you who have been following my life through this blog.

Trust me, 2010 was a really rough year for me. 2009 started off bad but ended good. 2010 started off bad and continued that way until about July. It went back down hill a bit but really picked up back around the end of October. Any way, next week I will give a run down of my life in 2010.


Today I woke up at the Italian and Japanese couples' house along with a few others who were at the party last night. We had breakfast there then my friend took me to my car which was parked at his apartment covered in snow. While going from the party location to pick up my car, there was snow everywhere. I had to take a few pictures and a video there, because I have never seen snow like this anywhere before. Here is a clip of both the party and the snow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhPcSwxKlBg









1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Bwoy Dave - that snow must be wicked to drive in. Would love that experience