A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Fellow Blogger Jamaipanese Visit / Expensive Cars For Sale in Yokohama



Days 1264 - 1268
Sunday, September 4
, 2011 - Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 1264 ( New World Record )
Sunday, September 4, 2011

Went around Yokohama with a friend of mine today. We saw some really expensive cars being sold and bought on spot.
This Lexus LFA cost 35 million yen, which is about 451,000 US dollars and also the same as 38 million Jamaican dollars.
























New World Record at IAAF - Daegu meet.

So yeah I am proud of my country with our performance in the recent IAAF - World Championships. We came second in the female 4x1 meter relay and we won and broke the world record in the men's 4x1 meter relay.

The reason why most of us are proud of this is because we are such a small island but we have such a powerful impact on the world stage in these events.
















Here is the video of the race, I watched it about 100 times already.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc2wgjdfe_U&feature=player_embedded







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1265
Monday, September 5, 2011

Normal day today, nothing special, just work, played some games, had devotion via skype with people from Niimi then watched one piece.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1266 ( More Evacuation Practice / Jamaipanese visits Japan )
Tuesday, September 6, 2011


Today at work we did another evacuation exercise. This one was just in case a tsunami comes and the water start to rise. Over 500 of us headed to higher ground, and it took about 23 minutes. I am sure that if a real tsunami came, they wouldn't have time to be so comfortable, walking and chatting away and trying to organize everybody.





Jamaipanese visits Japan

My friend from Jamaica who has been blogging about Japan for over 6 years now, but never got the chance to visit, is finally here. He will be staying by my apartment a bit then head to some other parts of Japan, then back to my place then back to Jamaica.

I picked him up at the Yokohama station then we had dinner with another friend of mine at a Japanese style restaurant. You can check out his blog at www.jamaipanese.com . He gives periodical updates about his going around in Japan.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1267
Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Today again, nothing special happened. My friend however went to the bay area of Yokohama and to the land mark tower which is the tallest building in Japan. I have seen this building several times but never actually went there.

My friend initially took the wrong train but then got on the right one eventually.









~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1268
Thursday, September 8, 2011

Again another normal working day for me. But my visiting friend went to Akihabara. He is kind of a nerd. Even bigger than me.












~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1268
Friday, September 9, 2011

Sorry guys, work has been taking away my fun times. So not much fun this week, except for tomorrow.

My visiting friend went to Nagoya today and will be going around to Kyoto, Osaka and Nara.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1269 ( Yomi uri Land)
Saturday, September 10, 2011

Went to another amusement park today in Tokyo name Yomi uri land. I went with my Japanese friend and one of her friend's. This amusement park was built in 1964 and it has a water park as well as a roller coaster area. We went to the water park part and it was crazy fun. There is a pool and some water slides that we went on. There was also a synchronized swimming show.





This is what the synchronized swimming show looks like. I couldn't take a video of it so I found this on youtube.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nep5kyvWT8








@Richard -

The conversation student I had, only had me as a backup teacher. She already had a conversation teacher but he was on holiday, so I was only a backup. I haven't received any other student yet.

The Roller coaster dem did nice my yute. Scary, but nice. My feet were trembling when I got off all of them.

The 14 hour train ride went by quickly because (1) as you said, I was not alone and (2) we had to change trains every like 2 hours or so.

The rastman dat mek the rice and peas, yes him fluent in Japanese. Him married to a Japanese lady I think.

The weed sign - I have no idea how they put that up right there suh. I don't think it is legal. My friend said maybe the guys are yakuza.

The bank account thing, I think while signing up the contract, I gave them permission to take out the rent every month. But I got no notice of when they would begin taking out the money. They just suddenly started after 4 months.

No comments: