A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Iphone 4s / Top Brands / RIP Steve Jobs /Vibez Kartel Gone Jail


Days 1292 - 1298

Sunday, October 2, 2011 - Saturday, October 8, 2011



Day 1292 ( Feeling Sick / Got my cards )

Sunday, October 2, 2011


From yesterday I had a sore throat and today it got a little worse. This is the third time I'm getting these cold symptoms since moving to Yokohama. 3 times in 6 months. In Niimi, Okayama it was only once or twice in a whole year. I am guessing its because I have to deal with more kids here, plus people on the train. So the chances of getting any sickness is 30 times more in the city.

I received my travel mileage cards for all star alliance flights as well as one world alliance flights. So now whenever I travel, I can get pint towards me traveling again.










~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1293 ( Late for Class/Sneezing )

Monday, October 3, 2011

In the mornings I use 2 alarms to wake me up. My phone starts it off, with an alarm that sounds like somewhere is going to explode and I need to get the heck up. Then followed by my clock which is a regular annoying alarm.

I normally turn off the phone alarm when it goes off, go back to sleep a bit, then wait on the annoying clock alarm. I do this every single morning since I am in Yokohama and it works perfectly. This system has never failed me before...... Exception today.

The phone alarm went off, I turned it off and went back to sleep. The next thing I heard was my cell phone ringing. The vice principal at my main school called and asked if I am not going to work. I jumped up, looked at the time, and it was already 8:35 am. Meaning it was already 5 mins in the first period of class. I apologized and told him I would be there a bit late, and that I got the schedules confused.

I didn't even take a bath, nor did I eat anything. I just put on my clothes and ran out of the apartment. I got there exactly 30 mins after he called. When I got there, they were surprised how I got there so quickly and I apologized again. This has never happened to me before in all my 3 and a half years. I might be late for work but never late for a class. The reason why the clock alarm didn't go off was because the day before, I had set it to wake me up at 10 am, but I forgot to change it back to 7 am.

Sneezing

After work, I started sneezing none stop. I sneezed like 7 times within a minute. So before this thing gets any worse, I shall be heading for the doctor tomorrow.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1294 ( Dr. Visit / Kartel Gone Jail )

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

This morning some yellow stuff was coming from my nose and my mouth. Some serious mucous. So after work I ran to the doctor. I got antibiotics as well as some other tablets to clear up my throat and my nasal area.


Kartel gone to jail

One of the most famous singers in Jamaica is gone to jail.

Vybz Kartel was arrested on September 30 and faces charges of conspiracy to murder, illegal possession of firearm and murder. The deejay was also slapped with a ganja possession charge after a quantity of the drug was found when he was picked up by police at a New Kingston hotel while in the company of three other persons, including a female.http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20111009/news/news1.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1295 ( RIP Steve Jobs )

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Everyone in the world with a computer should know by now that Steve Jobs, the inventor of mac computers, ipod, iphone and ipad died today.

Steve Jobs, the Apple founder and former CEO who invented and masterfully marketed ever-sleeker gadgets that transformed everyday technology, from the personal computer to the iPod and iPhone, has died. He was 56. Apple announced his death without giving a specific cause. "We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today," the company said in a brief statement. "Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve" Jobs had battled cancer in 2004 and underwent a liver transplant in 2009 after taking a leave of absence for unspecified health problems. He took another leave of absence in January — his third since his health problems began — before resigning as CEO six weeks ago. Jobs became Apple's chairman and handed the CEO job over to his hand-picked successor, Tim Cook. The news Apple fans and shareholders had been dreading came the day after Apple unveiled its latest version of the iPhone, just one in a procession of devices that shaped technology and society while Jobs was running the company. Jobs started Apple with a high school friend in a Silicon Valley garage in 1976, was forced out a decade later and returned in 1997 to rescue the company. During his second stint, it grew into the most valuable technology company in the world with a market value of $351 billion. Only Exxon Mobil, which makes it money extracting and refining oil instead of ideas, is worth more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1296 (False Alarm/iphone 4s)

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Today while teaching, the fire alarm went off. The kids and the teachers were in a frenzy. I was wondering what the heck was going on. When the class was over, we saw persons in the staff room touching up some buttons to try turning off the alarm. It stopped for a while then started back again. Until finally after about 15 mins, it fully stopped.






iphone 4s


I am planning to definitely get the iphone 4s as soon as my 2 year contract is up on my current iphone 3g. The only problem is that I will be locked in another 2 year contract with this iphone 4s. By that time, maybe there is iphone 4si or iphone 5.


The new iPhone is faster, has a better camera and allows you to sync content without needing a computer. It includes a futuristic, voice-activated service that responds to spoken commands and questions such as "Do I need an umbrella today?" It will now be available to Sprint customers as well as those from AT&T and Verizon Wireless.
But there is a catch. Apple named it 4S when most people were expecting the iPhone 5. Immediately, tech bloggers and Apple fans alike began to wonder if this new iPhone was not as cool as they had hoped. Investors were disappointed, too. Apple's stock fell more than 5 percent before getting a late bump.
If Tuesday's unveiling seemed like a letdown, it was because Apple did not do a good job of managing expectations. That's a familiar problem for Apple, whose penchant for secrecy invites hyperbolic speculation between product announcements. Given that it had been 16 months since the previous iPhone hit the market, imaginations had even more time to run wild this time.
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nb20111006a2.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1297 ( Top international Brands )

Friday, October 7, 2011

The 2011 Top Brands are out... It is no surprise that the top 10 companies are all from the USA. Number 1 being Coca Cola. Toyota was 11th and the top Japanese company. Honda was number 19...











You can see the full list here

http://www.interbrand.com/en/best-global-brands/best-global-brands-2008/best-global-brands-2011.aspx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1298

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Nothing special happened today except I got a point card for the convenience store that is nearest to my apartment. The name is Family mart. So if I buy stuff there regular enough (and I do) I can get points towards my purchases and can be used like cash.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: