A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Green Technology / One Piece Manga / UK The Worst Place to Live


Days 1348 - 1354 ---
Sunday, November 27, 2011 - Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 1348 ( Walking around Kyoto )
Sunday, November 27, 2011



Bought a neck pillow for my trip back to Yokohama on the bus.

I then followed my friend to a shrine in Kyoto name Kita no tenmangu.

At about 10:45 I took the night bus to head back to Yokohama.












~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1349 ( UK The Worst Place to live )
Monday, November 28, 2011

Didn't go to work today so I stayed home and did quite few assignments.


UK the worst place to live

I could't resist myself from commenting on this article. Especially since the UK turned down my visitor's visa application in 2005. I have a couple friends from the UK and some living there now, but since that turn down in 2005, I have no interest whatsoever in visiting the UK. Here is the article.

It's miserable in the UK. That is, of course, if you believe the latest uSwitch quality of life index, which places Britain as the worst place to live in Europe. We have the highest food and diesel prices, the third lowest spent on health as a percentage of GDP, 5.5 fewer days on holiday than the European average and, the second fewest hours of sunshine a year! All of this has left 12% of British people saying they are "seriously considering" emigrating.

But is it really all that bad? Do you feel that the UK is actually the worst place to be in Europe? And whether you do or not, what one single aspect of the country would you change to make living here that little bit more enjoyable?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/sep/29/britain-quality-of-life

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1350 ( Green Technology )
Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Nothing special happened today.


Green Technology


Japanese carmakers highlighted their latest green technology concept cars during Wednesday's media preview at the Tokyo Motor Show as they bid to lead the global trend toward energy efficiency and reignite interest among young people in automobiles.
News photo
Juiced up: Takanobu Ito, CEO of Honda Motor Co., shows off the company's EV-STER electric concept vehicle at the Tokyo Motor Show on Wednesday. YOSHIAKI MIURA
Previously held in Makuhari, Chiba Prefecture, it is the first motor show in Tokyo in 24 years, and an attempt to steal the spotlight from rival motor shows in Beijing, Shanghai and New Delhi, where car markets are booming.
On display with the new electric vehicles and sports cars were the major carmakers' visions of the future.
"The time when an automaker could focus only on the vehicle is over," Nissan Motor Co. Chief Executive Officer Carlos Ghosn told reporters. "Our long-term vision for a clean, connected, mobile society demands the development of both vehicles and infrastructure."
Aside from its ultracompact electric PIVO 3, Nissan also unveiled a smart house that draws power from solar panels as well as the batteries of its LEAF electric vehicle.

News photo
Nissan Motor Co. CEO Carlos Ghosn shows off the PIVO 3, a zero-emission concept car, during the Tokyo Motor Show on Wednesday. The event at Tokyo Big Sight opens to the public Saturday and runs through Dec. 11. YOSHIAKI MIURA PHOTO



http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nb20111201a1.html


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1351 ( Interviewing a Pastor )
Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ok so finally I will reveal it. I am currently enrolled in a seminary in the US doing an online Masters in Christian Education. I started in about September 2010 and I'm on my final module now. I am aiming to complete it by January or February 2012.

A part of the course is to interview a pastor and ask him to read a 3 page essay that I wrote. So I went to the church after work today to interview the pastor. He made some important point that I jotted down and added to the assignment.

After this I did my evening lesson at TGIF again. My student said he should be buying a new car sometime soon. We spoke about quite a bit of stuff unrelated to the lesson but, it went well.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1352 ( Happy Birthday to my "friend" / One Piece Sells Record High Manga )
Thursday, December 1, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the beautiful Chiyoko Kenmochi. I sent my "friend" flowers today for her birthday.



One Piece Sells Record High Manga 


When I just got to Japan in 2008, I went on an anime watching spree to help with my boredom. I started with Naruto, then with bleach, watched a few others but they didn't grip me like those 2. One Piece was recommended to me and I watched about 10 episodes back in 2008 then stopped because I thought it was boring. But my friend from England living in Niimi, started watching it and said it was actually good. So to beat boredom again, I started watching One Piece when I moved to Yokohama. Bleach and Naruto were playing a bunch of fillers so I stopped watching them for a while. But I was hooked on One piece.

I recently learnt that this absolutely superb anime sold over 28 million mangas in 2011. I can understand why. It is quite interesting.



The marketing survey firm Oriconreported on Thursday that Eiichiro Oda's One Piece pirate manga set a record for the most volumes of manga sold in one year since Oricon began posting its ranking charts in 2008. During the period of November 22, 2010 to November 20, 2011, One Piece sold 37,996,373 copies.
One Piece also took the top four spots for single manga volumes sold during the same time period. Volume 61 sold 3,382,588 copies, volume 62 sold 3,207,568 copies, volume 63 sold 3,073,175 copies, and volume 64 sold 2,652,700 copies. It is the third year in a row that One Piece volumes have taken the top four spots in that category. These four One Piecevolumes were also the only manga volumes this year to sell more than 2 million copies.
In 2008, One Piece sold 5,956,540 copies, and in 2009, it sold 14,721,241 copies. Last year, it sold 32,343,809 copies.
2011's second best-selling manga series was Naruto with 6,874,840 copies, followed by Blue Exorcist's 5,223,712 copies.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-11-30/one-piece-sells-record-38-million-manga-volumes-in-2011

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1353 ( Exam )
Friday, December 2, 2011


Did the final exam for one of my courses today. This course is called Interpersonal Communication and Conflict Management. After this I have a final course to complete then thats it.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1354 (  )
Saturday, December 3, 2011

Stayed in all day. I spoke to a few of my Jamaican friends in Japan. But that was pretty much it.


No comments: