A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Monday, April 2, 2012

Things You Must Do in Japan

Days 1467 - 1473
Sunday, March 25 - 31, 2012



Days 1467 (TBS TV Interview)
Sunday, March, 25, 2012

Went to church this morning then after that I did I brief TV interview thing. So this TV channel based in Tokyo known as TBS (Tokyo Broadcasting System) want about 50 foreigners from several countries to be on TV. The main stipulation being, you have to be able to speak Japanese. But you also have to be a character that Japanese people find interesting. They want to interview a couple of us then select the ones they think are interesting. I got interviewed along side 3 other persons. A guy from Canada, a lady from Taiwan and another lady from the USA.

They asked us some difficult questions in Japanese, some of which myself or 2 of the others couldn't read properly. Luckily the Taiwanese girl helped us out. Some of the questions included:















1) What in Japan or about Japanese people do we really like?

    - I wrote that they are very helpful and most are kind.

2) What about Japan or Japanese we don't like?

    - I wrote that "I am not from Africa" meaning Japanese generally think black = Africa.

3) Something that would be interesting in Japan but seem normal in our country.

   - I wrote that every now and again there is a report about a stray crocodile somewhere. 


   - The Canadian guy wrote that his uncle who lives in the center of Canada, kill and eat white 
     bears for a living, because there is nothing else to eat in that area.

4) What are we proud of about our country? 

   - I wrote that most of us can run fast

5) What do we do in Japan that make Japanese people Happy?
 
   - I wrote when I sing Japanese songs at karoke and when I perform my poetry.


They will eventually choose who they believe are the best persons to appear on the TV program. I am not sure yet if they are going to choose me. But lets wait and see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1468 ( Puma Mystery Shop #2 / Things You Must Do in Japan )
Monday, March 26, 2012

Puma Mystery Shop #2

Did another Puma Mystery shop today. But this time it was at an outlet store about 45 minutes by foot from my apartment. Almost every famous brand that you can think of is at this outlet mall. This time I bought a pair of sneakers known as the Puma Future Cat. It is exactly what you see in the picture below. (Look bad a lie?)














 Things You Must Do in Japan

Some of things that I am about to mention I have never done before, but you should try it out if you decide to live in Japan for a while.


1) Visit an Onsen

I still don't like the idea of walking around naked with a bunch of Japanese men staring at my balls. But the onsens are great. They are a bit hot but very very very relaxing and it feels super kimochiii (wonderful).


















2) Visit a Japanese Style Restaurant (Izakaya)

These give a good feeling of life in Japan. But choose your food carefully. Some of the stuff you will like but some I can assure you that you will definitely not like.









3) Visit an Amusement park (I recommend FujiQ highland)

There are many amusement parks in Japan. The most famous being Disney land and Disney sea (both of which I have never been to by the way). But there is also FujiQ highland with the steepest fall in the world. You should try it, just don't do it if you have a heart condition.



















4) Climb Mount Fuji 

Ok so I have never done this yet because I hate walking too far or climbing or anything like that. But if you do, you should give it a try. I think it takes about 8-10 hours from the bottom to the top.














5) At Least Try to Get a Japanese Friend

This will make life a little easier for you in Japan.
















6) Visit a Castle / Shrine / Temple 

All of them pretty much look a like but still you should visit them.




















7) Visit Akihabara

The electronics town of Japan. Its a very interesting place to say the least.
















8) Take a Shinkansen (Bullet Train)

This is the high speed train in Japan. Super comfortable, Super convenient, Super fast. It has wireless internet connection and sockets to charge your phone or computer.













9) Go on one of those gigantic Ferris Wheels

These are not so exciting but you can view the entire city from these gigantic things.















10) Try Sushi

I don't like it, most Jamaican here don't like it, but you should try it :) ... oh an try nattou as well :)


























~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1469 (Finally Over 25,000 views / TV Show Full Episodes)
Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Finally Over 25,000 views


Ok so my blog has finally hit over 25,000 views after 4 long years. My fellow Japanese blogger Loco in Yoko http://www.locoinyokohama.com/ got over 25,000 in the space of 3 months. Well to be fair his writings are wayy more intriguing. I don't have that kind of skill at all.

TV show Full Episodes

Here are the full episodes of all my TV shows I did back in Niimi, Okayama. Each last about 13-15 minutes.

Season 1 - Full - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aify4bxfKGs

Season 2 - Full - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlD6L8IaTPU

Season 3 - Full - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewTok9PCSkA

Season 4 - Full - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj0JJKBdLrA

Season 5 - Full - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW8AmeT7Fso


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1470 (  )
Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Stayed in the entire day and played games. In the evening I had my evening student.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1471 ( Best Game )

Thursday, March 29, 2012

My former student that I taught in Jamaica at my last job, visited my apartment today. He came along with his wife but she stayed outside. He borrowed a game from me, Metal Gear Solid 4. He ended it quite a few times but he wanted to end it again. I am at a part in it since early 2010 and I am yet to past that area because I got stuck on Modern Ware fare 2. Hey I even did my best game ever in MW2 recently 20 - 0 .....

In the evening I took the night bus to Kyoto.

















~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1472 (  )
Friday, March 30, 2012


I should have an audition for an advertisement today but that didn't work out. Got to Kyoto in the early morning and slept a bit. Then did a few transactions. In the evening I went to a Jamaican restaurant with my friend.

I met 2 guys from Ethiopia there. Both of them are married to Japanese and both of them have 2 kids.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1473 ( Cafe Visits )
Saturday, March 31, 2012

Visited 2 cafes in Kyoto. At the first one I had one of my favourite foods in Japan, Tako rice. At the other, I just had tea and a slice of cake. I then took the shinkansen (Bullet train) back to Yokohama.






4 comments:

Jamaipanese said...

now I am missing Japan all over again

davay colly said...

Don't worry man you will be back ...

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Congrats on the 20-0....doubt i ever did that in MW2....BUTTT

Dave - put down MW2 and stop the crap. You a play against some people who don't even know that Black Ops OR MW3 release...probably just know bout PS3.

So step into modern times and collect some bullet from real people.

davay colly said...

LOL@Richard ... Soon start man soon start.