A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Notable Events For Me In 2013 / Radiation from Japan, Got to Jamaica


Days 2122 - 2128
Thursday, January 9 - Wednesday, January 15, 2014 


Day 2122 ( Japanese Woman Sent Proxy Stalker )
Thursday, January 9, 2014

Spoke to my private student about what I did throughout the holiday period. Also told her that my little business is running a little slow now as shipments stalled a bit during the holidays.

----------------------------------

Woman arrested on harassment charges after using 'proxy stalker'




Police in Okinawa have arrested a 23-year-old woman after she used a “revenge” website to get another woman to harass her ex-boyfriend.
According to police, Ayaka Ishii, a food-service employee and a resident of Okinawa city, was one of two women who met on an online ex-boyfriend “revenge” site set up to harass former partners.
TV Asahi reported that after her 25-year-old boyfriend, with whom she had been living, broke up with her last August, Ishii sent a threatening anonymous letter to him stating, “I will get payback, from your friends, from your family, I will.”
According to police, Ishii had sent the letter via 27-year-old Marina Yokoro, a woman she met on an online revenge forum.
Police said Ishii has denied all charges. However, police have confirmed that Yokoro sent dead cockroaches to the family of Ishii’s former boyfriend on numerous occasions.
http://www.japantoday.com/category/crime/view/woman-arrested-on-harassment-charges-after-hiring-proxy-stalker?utm_campaign=jt_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=jt_newsletter_2014-01-09_PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2123 ( China Never Ceases To Amaze Me )
Friday, January 10, 2014

Usual Fridays. 2 classes, went home then back to the YMCA in the night. My Friday YMCA students asked me for otoshi dama (New Year's money). So I told them next week I will give each of them.



--------------------------------------

60% of Chinese execs say they cannot work with Japanese firms




About 60% of Chinese corporate leaders say they cannot do business with Japanese firms because of thorny relations between the two countries, a poll published Wednesday showed.
About the same percentage of South Korean bosses said they tried to keep dealings with Japanese companies to a minimum, citing political tensions between the two countries.
However the survey, carried out jointly by the Nikkei of Japan, South Korea’s Maeil Business Newspaper and China’s Global Times, found around 80% of Japanese executives have no problem dealing with companies from the other two countries.
That stands in marked contrast to just 13% of Chinese businessmen who said they were able to separate their company’s dealings from the diplomatic frostiness.
Tokyo is at odds with both Beijing and Seoul over different territorial disputes. Relations have also long been strained by differing interpretations of their shared history.
That was exemplified by the visit last month to Tokyo’s Yasukuni shrine by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, which he claimed was a bid to promote peace.
Seoul and Beijing see the shrine, which counts convicted war criminals among the 2.5 million souls it honors, as a place that glorifies Japan’s 20th century outrages.
http://www.japantoday.com/category/business/view/60-of-chinese-execs-say-they-cannot-work-with-japanese-firms?utm_campaign=jt_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=jt_newsletter_2014-01-09_AM


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2124 ( The Year That Was - Notable Events For Me In 2013 )
Saturday, January 11, 2014

YMCA today, and still having some trouble with my last class. Darn kids. Later in the evening I had dinner with one of my friends in the Navy.


------------------------------------------

Notable Events For Me In 2013

So 2013 was not one of my better years, especially financially. It started off great then went downhill from there. 2012 on the other hand was one of my best years in Japan. I made a decision to go part-time and try to pick up as many part-time jobs as possible. I got enough to live ok but not ok enough to do whatever I felt like or go where ever I wanted to. I learnt from that mistake the hard way and will definitely go back full-time and do part-time gigs as well. Here are some of the notable events in my life throughout 2013:


January 6, 2013 - Came back from Jamaica.



March 4, 2013 - did my first ever Studio Recording.


April 24, 2013 - Found out my Credit Card was Hacked via Skype. 


April 27, 2013 - Went to Jamaicans in Japan - Spring Ting 2013



May 19, 2013 - Performed at Jamaica One Love Festival 


July 19, 2013 - Performed in Singapore


August 2, 2014 - My First Paid Appearance on Japanese TV, Representing Jamaica.


August 26, 2013 - My first time fishing.


September 1, 2013 - Watched my favourite movie of 2013 in the theaters (Star Trek into Darkness)



September 19, 2013 - 6th Birthday in Japan


September 22 and 23, 2013 - Performances


22nd Koenji, Tokyo

23rd Sagamihara, Kanagawa

October 3, 2013 - Birth of my Niece, Suri 


November 21, 2013 - Completed my TEFL Professional Diploma



November 30, 2013 - Performance at Koenji, Tokyo


December 15, 2013 - Performance at Nishiazabu, Tokyo



December 29, 2013 - Danced on stage with a Japanese 

These were my most notable events in my life during 2013 that I can think of now. Some other personal stuff happened as well that I would prefer not mentioning here.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2125 ( Practice Photo shoot / Rodman Sings To Kim in North Korea )
Sunday, January 12, 2014

Did a pre-photo shoot today to check if some clothes could fit me properly. The official photo/video shoot will be later this month. I will be featured in a magazine and/or a youtube commercial.  

I know I have seen better days
------------------------------------------------


Rodman sings happy birthday to North Korean leader, then plays basketball





Dennis Rodman sang “Happy Birthday” to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un before leading a squad of former NBA stars onto the court Wednesday at a Pyongyang stadium for a game Rodman said is part of his “basketball diplomacy” with the North that has been heavily criticized in the United States.

Rodman dedicated the game to his “best friend” Kim, who along with his wife and other senior officials and their wives watched from a special seating area. The capacity crowd of about 14,000 at the Pyongyang Indoor Stadium clapped loudly as Rodman sang a verse from the birthday song.

Along with Rodman, the former NBA players included ex-All Stars Kenny Anderson, Cliff Robinson and Vin Baker. Also on the roster were Craig Hodges, Doug Christie, Charles D. Smith and four streetballers.
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/01/08/world/rodman-sings-happy-birthday-to-north-korean-leader-then-plays-basketball/#.UtpUAdKmpQd


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2126 ( The Hobbit - Desolation Of Smaug )
Monday, January 13, 2014

Had lunch and exchanged some teaching ideas with my friend today in KFC. I then ran to YMCA to teach a class. All these kids want to do is play. Japanese teacher teach, Foreign teacher play.....

I then watched The Hobbit - Desolation of Smaug.

Ohh jeez fantasy fantasy fantasy..... This made me want to re-watch Lord of the Rings..... All of them...I think I geeked out several times watching this. I never read the books but I loved the action and the story. I watched part 1 in 2012 and it was ok but this one was GREAT!!! I give it a 9/10.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2127 ( Radiation From Japan Got To Jamaica )
Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I was late for work this morning :( Oh man this is a bad way to begin the year. Sorry school and sorry company. I need to go to bed earlier I know. Anyway, my usual Tuesdays, got home at 10:30.

For about 3 weeks now,  my left eye has been twitching. I read about it online and basically it is caused by one or a combination of the following :

1) Stress

2) Bad diet

3) Straining eyes on computers !!!

4) Dry eyes from heater etc !!!

5) Needing glasses

I am not sure which is it or if it is all of them lol. I certainly don't feel stressed. Bad diet is a small possibility. Straining my eyes on the computer ... hmmm a very high possibility... Dry eyes from heaters and Japan's super dry winter .... also a huge possibility.

So because of this reallly annoying eye twitch, I bought an eye wash thing that should take care of the dryness issue. Plus give my eyes some more vitamins.


 ---------------------------------------------- 


Why are the Japanese authorities still shipping out stuff with high levels of radiation???? Seriously Why???

Radiation Alert - Harmful Elements Detected At Ports In Shipments From Japan





Jamaica Customs authorities have revealed that in the last 13 months, tests conducted at the nation's ports have confirmed the presence of higher-than-normal levels of radiation in two shipments from Japan.


The most recent case, according to Assistant Commissioner of Customs Velma Ricketts, came last month when a trans-shipment container carrying used motor-vehicle parts destined for Guyana was scanned at the Kingston Container Terminal and its radiation levels was determined to be "elevated".

The first case involved a minibus imported by a local used-car dealer in November 2012.

"The JCA [Jamaica Customs Agency] has been on high alert since the earthquake affected Japan," Ricketts said in an emailed response to queries by The Gleaner.

Her comments were in reference to the magnitude 9.0 earthquake that rocked Japan in 2011, triggering a tsunami that crippled the Fukushima nuclear plant there.

Commissioner of Customs Major Richard Reese made it clear yesterday that both shipments are being detained in a quarantined area and will be returned to Japan shortly.
http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20140110/lead/lead1.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2128 (  )
Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Skipped my evening student today and had Indian curry with one of my friends today.

No comments: