A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Monday, October 13, 2014

Daily Life - ( Days 2388 - 2394 ) - Jamaican Dialect (Patwa / Patois) Lessons in Toyama

Picture of the week:



Days 2388 - 2394 
(Thursday, October 2 - Wednesday October 8, 2014)



Day 2388 ( Boredom / Banged Up Abroad )
Thursday, October 2, 2014



Yeah the days here are too quiet. Need some more activities seriously. When I was in Niimi, I was booked out almost everyday. Karate, soccer, Bible study, TV appearances and random stuff. Yokohama is also just crazy busy. But Toyama??? No set schedule, everything is random .... Its like something big happens then the place goes dead again for a while. Someone encouraged me to start going to the gym, but it's just too far away..... aah what to do....Need to do something before I go nuts in this place seriously.

-------------------------------------

Banged up Abroad



Watched this thing on youtube called Banged up abroad .... I think it's the British version of locked up abroad?  .... Really interesting but kinda sad how people get themselves in some weird situation then regret it bitterly afterwards.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2389 ( Planning Another Party )
Friday, October 3, 2014

After work, I met with the owner of a local bar near Toyama station. Planning another smallish party in the area. Reggae night ! It will be on November 15. So yeah spoke with the owner of the bar about the event and how we will organize it etc.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2390 ( The Curious Case Of Benjamin Buttons )
Saturday, October 4, 2014



Stayed in today again :( and watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons. How did this movie slip by? I'm sure I heard about it before but just some how it slipped by. Really great plot, acting and very poetic. I enjoyed it a lot. I give it a 8/10.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2391 ( Patwa Lesson/Transformers - Age of Extinction/The Harder they Come )
Sunday, October 5, 2014




Ok so a little something to do now on Sundays. I teach Jamaican dialect (Patois/Patwa) lessons to people who are madly interested in reggae and Jamaican culture. Did the first lesson today for 1 hour and it went pretty well. I had to ride in some serious rain for about 30 mins though.

------------------------------------------

 Transformers - Age of Extinction

Just didn't have the time to go to the theatres to watch this film. So watched it today after teaching the Jamaican dialect lesson.


I just enjoy the action and the clashing of giant robots, don't care so much for the plot or anything else for that matter. So 8/10.

------------------------------------------------


The Harder they Come

After years of hearing about this 1970s Jamaican film, I finally decided to watch it. This is what boredom does.

Not the usual Hollywood stuff but it was ok I guess. Probably because I'm Jamaican. I can imagine it being very difficult to follow for people who aren't Jamaicans or for those who know little or nothing of Jamaican culture. I give it a 6/10.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2392 (  )
Monday, October 6, 2014

Had 1 lesson today then went home and sulked about my boredom.

I made a decision now to stop blogging about my daily life, unless it has something really really interesting. So next week will be my very final blog about my day-to-day life in Japan. The news stuff will continue and if there is something really interesting I will blog about that as well.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2393 ( Class Viewing by The Board of Education / A Friend's Wedding )
Tuesday, October 7, 2014


Today the Board of Education and some other teachers in Toyama city came to view my classes. The teacher that I was team teaching with was a nervous wreck. It was like a walk in the park for me as I got used to this kind of thing over the years.




This was the reason why I couldn't get to attend my friend's wedding in Okayama today. I would've gladly taken the day off to go there. I remember when he was 18, he said to me that he really really wanted to get married. So he is 24 now and he did, just 2 years out of university.






When I was 24 (10 years ago), I was still in university and marriage was the furthest thing from my mind. Even when I came to Japan at 27 I was in no way ready for marriage. Someday I guess, when the time is right.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2394 ( Photo shoot )
Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Took photos with some 3rd year students from the English club today for the school's magazine.

Later, I arranged a night photo shoot for a former model with my friend bigmike.

http://www.bigmike-photos.com/ 


Here are a few of the pics he took.





No comments: