A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Days 893 - 899 Sunday, August 29 - Saturday, September 4, 2010

Days 893 - 899
Sunday, August 29 - Saturday, September 4, 2010



Day 893 { Friend Visit / Ikura Cave}
Sunday, August 29, 2010

My good friend visited me for her birthday today. She was the one who edited the English section of my book.

I picked her up at the station, then we went to church, then to a restaurant in the area with some friends. We then went to a famous cave in my area (This was my second time there). This cave is believed to be formed some 250 million years ago, based on the length of the stalactites and stalagmites. The name is Ikura Cave.

We then went to the Aeon mall in Kurashiki (A nearby town), firstly to check on my books in the store. I realized that they moved the books to another location within the store, which is more difficult to locate. When I just got to the store, I asked some one at the register to tell me where the books were, and she had no idea. She had to call the store supervisor guy.

Me and my friend then went to the movies to watch Salt. Yes the same one I watched in Jamaica last week Sunday, but my friend didn't see it so I didn't mind watching it again.







============================================
============================================

Day 894 { Hottest Summer on Record In Japan }
Monday, August 30, 2010

Dropped my friend at the station then had lunch with my Landlord and his wife.

The average temperature in Japan between June and August was the highest since records began in 1898, breaking the previous record set in 1994 and exceeding the average between 1971 and 2000 by 1.64 degrees, the Meteorological Agency said.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20100902a5.html
=============================================
=============================================

Day 895 { Health Check }
Tuesday, August 31, 2010

All the persons working for my company, were mandated about 2 months ago to do a full health check before heading back to work in September. So I did my health check today and it took about 3 hours to complete every single thing. Out of curiosity, I also asked for my blood type. I will get that result tomorrow. I also paid the second instalment on my city tax. I have 2 more to go.

==============================================
==============================================

Day 896 { Back To Work / Blood Type Result }
Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Today was my first day back at work, trust me, its not easy getting back into work mode after 6 weeks of vacation. Work was ok I guess, and I got back into the routine rather quickly enough though. The only issue is that I have been teaching this same topic since July, and it is getting a little difficult to come up with new ideas for these kids.

After work, I picked up my blood type result, and as I assumed, I am a blood type O. Actually most Jamaicans are O.












=========================================
=========================================

Day 897 {Season 4 Of My Show}
Thursday, September 2, 2010

Season 4 of my show started yesterday on cable in Niimi, Okayama. It is only now after seeing this season, I realized that I lost weight. It is the first season that I actually don't like how I appear. Especially in the section where I make comments. If I should compare how I appear on seasons 1 - 3, there is a big difference in my features I think. I want to edit the commentary sections of season 4... The acting scenes are ok though.

Anyway, I collected the season 4 DVD today at the Board of Education... and here is the final scene, where I introduce Jamaican dialect / Patois to the people of Niimi, Okayama, Japan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmZ5M1NdPeA

=======================================
=======================================
Day 898 { I inspired Someone with my book }
Friday, September 3, 2010

The lady who I go to her house for English conversations on Fridays, is also writing a book. Her book is a kids story and she has been preparing it for over 10 years now. She thought the task was too much but when she saw that I did it, then she started making more effort with her book. She showed me a sample of it and I was quite impressed. She said the wife of the principal at the school that she teaches at, did the drawings for the book.

So I went to a small part of the English conversation, then she asked me about the ISBN process. The way I did mine was through LULU.com which is in the US and is free. But, she don't want to go that route. I would suggest that she stick with the Japanese way.

======================================
======================================

Day 899 { Japan and the Caribbean in Discussion }
Saturday, September 4, 2010

Today I stayed in for the day playing call of Duty. To all the call of duty fans out there, douple XP is being given until Tuesday. It has something to do with labour day in the US.


Japan and 13 Caribbean nations agreed in Tokyo on Thursday to cooperate in curbing global warming and offering support to quake-hit Haiti among other issues at their first meeting in a decade, a Japanese official said.

Foreign Minister Katsuya Okada and his Jamaican counterpart, Kenneth Baugh, cochaired the one-day gathering, the second of its kind since a Tokyo meeting in November 2000, with Okada saying at the outset of the talks that Caribbean nations are "important partners" for Japan.

"I hope we can review our cooperation during the past 10 years and discuss future partnership in combating climate change and offering support for Haiti," Okada said, adding the Japan-Caribbean talks should have been held more frequently.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20100903a7.html

No comments: