A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Days 914 - 920 Sunday, September 19, 2010 - Saturday, September 25, 2010

Days 914 - 920
Sunday, September 19, 2010 - Saturday, September 25, 2010


Day 914 { Third Birthday in Japan / Heading For Kochi / Looking Back }

Sunday, September 19, 2010


This is my third birthday in Japan. I can hardly believe that I am 30 already.It suddenly came upon me without prior notice. I still feel like 25 however.

I went to a sports day at my main school today, and I was bored out of my wits. They only allowed me to participate in one event and it was to throw some rings around a cone from a distance.

After I played this game, I was falling asleep under the tent. The sports day ended at 3:00pm and I had a 3:50 pm train to catch. So I rushed to my apartment then to park at the train station. Went to Okayama city then to Kochi prefecture, which is on one of the four main islands of Japan called Shikoku. I went there to visit one of my Jamaican friends, and it took about 4 hours in total from Niimi to get there.





Looking back on my life, I am going to recall some major things that I can remember since I was 10.


10 - Got myself in some big trouble at Primary/Elementary school

11 - Got baptised / Started High School

14 - First Girl Friend

16 - Got my American Visa

17 - Graduated from High School / Started Community College

19 - Very first time travelling to another country

20 - Got my first job / Started University

22 - Corn row my hair / Performed first dub poem

24 - Started selling Cds of my Dub poems in USA and Jamaica

25 - Graduated from University / Got First Job after graduation / Became the Chairman of the Jamaica Baptist Union Youth Department / Went to Brazil and Trinidad


26 - Did a minor surgery / Went to Grenada and Panama

27 - Got my first car / Went to Japan / visited Germany and did my biggest performance

28 - Started a TV show / Cousin/best friend died / Went to Bahamas and The Philippines

29 - Visited South Korea / Wrote and published a book

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Day 915 { Travelling around Kochi / Resident Evil 5 }

Monday, September 20, 2010


Went to the museum of this famous animation character in Japan known as Anpanman. The creator hails from this prefecture.


Later on we went to this area, to see the statue of a famous man historical figure Japan, known as Sakamoto Ryoma. He was the leader of a movement that over threw the tokugawa shogonate that held a firm grip on Japan for years. Ryōma is often regarded as the "father of the Imperial Japanese Navy" more about him here ...


In this same area, there is this beautiful view of the sea, where whales are often seen.

















We then went to this game house kind of thing and played air hockey and basketball then we
took some special type of Japanese photos known as purikora... We then watched Resident Evil - After Life. It was ok.




























^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Day 916
Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Went back to Okayama from Kochi, then to Niimi. I was tired but I still forced myself to go to karate afterwards. Realized that I left my Iphone charger at my friend's apartment. Its the first time I can recall forgetting something at someone's place.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Day 917
Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Had open school for the first graders at my furthest school today. I spoke about the differences between Jamaica's and Japan's seasons' as well as our fruits, normal breakfast and dinner.
















^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Day 918 ( Autumn Equinox / BBQ )
Thursday, September 23, 2010

Today marks the beginning of Autumn, so its another holiday. It means that the place is going to start to getting colder and colder. Stayed in for most of the day. Spoke to my former co-worker for about 3 hours on skype, then I went to a barbecue in the evening.

















^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Day 919
Friday, September 24, 2010

Missed karate today because I was waiting on my iphone charger to be mailed to my apartment.


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Day 920
Saturday, September 25, 2010

Watched karate kid (2010) today and it was pretty decent.



4 comments:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Dave - why does the pics from the Japanese thing come out with Black Circles around your eyes?

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Dave - why does the pics from the Japanese thing come out with Black Circles around your eyes?

Bjorn J. said...

liked that reflection list...very blessed... and many ops...

now jus have to add. meet the woman of my dreamsss

30ish - Got married

30 something - became a father

Dave said...

Well maybe you prophesying something Bj ... Richard mi nuh sure why the camera duh dat at all