A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Monday, March 7, 2011

Days 1075 - 1081 Sunday, February 27, 2011 - Saturday, March 5 , 2011

Days 1075 - 1081 Sunday, February 27, 2011 - Saturday, March 5 , 2011

Day 1075 (Textfree and Team viewer)
Sunday, February 27, 2011

Went church in the morning, where a new visitor from the Philippines came there to visit. My friend Richard showed me 2 new software applications. 1 for the iphone , the other for the computer and/or the iphone. They were :

1) Textfree with voice (iphone) - Where I am assigned an American phone number to which people in America can call me on while paying only the fee that applies to calling in the USA. It also allows me to send text messages to any cell phone in the word for free....If some one else has this application, we can talk for free, where ever they are in the world.

2) Team viewer (computer and iphone) - This software allows you to remotely access your computer from anywhere in the world, as long as you use the username and password that is given to you. Your computer can also be accessed from the iphone. Both systems need to be running the software though for it to work.

Rispek Panton
*********************************** ***********************************


Day 1076 (Moving / Nintendo 3DS)
Monday, February 28, 2011

Ok so its safe to say that I should be moving to an area known as Yokohama at the start of April. My company called my Landlord today to inform him about it. My Landlord then called me to check if that is the case. I should be moving out of my current apartment on March 31. So I am currently searching like crazy for apartments in Yokohama.

////////////////////////////////////////


Nintendo 3DS now on the market in Japan

Nintendo's latest game machine, offering glasses-free 3-D images, went on sale Saturday ahead of a global rollout, and analysts say it promises to be the world's first 3-D mass-market product.

Lines formed outside Tokyo electronics stores, although they were not as long as some previous gadget launches, as Nintendo offered purchase reservations in advance.

The Nintendo 3DS, which costs ¥25,000, goes on sale in Europe on March 25 for 250 euro, and will arrive in the U.S. on March 27 priced at $250.

Kyoto-based Nintendo Co. is banking on the 3-D technology as sales momentum gradually fades for earlier hits such as the Wii home console and predecessor DS models.



http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nb20110227a1.html

***************************** *****************************

Day 1077
Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Went to the Tuesday evening English conversation thing. We spoke about random stuff. Most of the Japanese persons spoke about how they became interested in English conversation. A few of us then had dinner at a restaurant not far from my apartment.

***************************** *****************************

Day 1078
Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The fight between winter and spring has begun. Today had the strangest weather I have seen since I am in Japan. It first started off with rain, then it started snowing shortly afterwards. This was followed by some tiny hail stones, looking like sand, then it started snowing again followed by rain, then sunshine... It started to get a bit windy afterwards then the sun came out again, winning the battle.

I fell asleep at my computer in the evening and I woke up myself with my snore....

*****************************
*****************************

Day 1079
Thursday, March 3, 2011

It was snowing today but not the hard snow that is stubborn to get rid of.

Went to play football in the night and I scored about 2 goals while warming up with my team mates and 3 goals against the opposing team. I haven't done this in ages. I then explained to my team mates that this may very well be my last football game in that school gym, as they will be preparing the gym for graduation in the coming weeks. By the time the gym is ready again, I should be in Yokohama.

***************************** *****************************

Day 1080
Friday, March 4, 2011

After work I got a haircut, then installed skype on my barber's computer. I kind of did a crash course showing she and her husband how to use skype.

I should be going to an area near Kobe name Takarazuka tomorrow to meet up with my Japanese friend and her daughter. She lived in Jamaica for 3 years and her child is half Jamaican half Japanese. So after I went to the barber, I drove to the bus ticket office and bought the ticket for tomorrow. I then rushed to the cold karate gym, then to the Friday night English conversation thing.

***************************** *****************************

Day 1081
{ Takarazuka / Kobe / Awaji Island }
Saturday, March 5, 2011

Woke up at about 6:30 am then rushed to park my car and catch the bus. I almost missed the bus but I got it 2 minutes before it drove off. I slept in the bus a bit then came off at the Takarazuka stop, which is about 30 mins from Osaka. My friend eventually drove up and we had breakfast.

She then went for an interview then we went to pick up her daughter. There was a store in the area that was advertising Niimi and products from Niimi. We then went to an area name Awaji Island, which is an island off Kobe. The island is connected to Kobe by the bridge with the longest central span in the world known as the Akashi Kaikyo Bridge or Pearl bridge. I have seen the bridge before but this was the first time being driven across it. We then stopped at a souvenir store and I bought a key ring.

My friend's daughter has a lot of Jamaican blood running through her as she is always active, running around, dancing and just bouncing around everywhere.

My friend was a bit tired, so I drove back on the pearl bridge from Awajishima to Kobe. We had dinner at Kobe and while leaving the restaurant, I saw an ALT from Niimi, there in the middle of Kobe. I stopped and spoke to him for a while, he should be leaving Niimi at the end of March as well.

My friend then dropped me off at a hotel in Takarazuka and she drove back home with her daughter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you still going to move to Yokohama even though the quake affected that area too. And there are ongoing problems at the nuclear plant in Fukushima?

Anonymous said...

First I hope everything is ok where you are and that all your friends and family are safe.
I think a lot of us are waiting for your weekly update to get your perspective on what is going on. NHK is and the New York Times among other world news sites are now stating that radiation is being detected to the north of the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant and as far south as Tokyo. 3/15, 2011.

Anonymous said...

What are your contingency plans? Will you stay in Japan now?