A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Days 956 - 962 Sunday, October 31, 2010 - Saturday, November 6, 2010

Days 956 - 962
Sunday, October 31, 2010 - Saturday, November 6, 2010


Day 956
Sunday, October 31, 2010

My Jamaican friend visited me today to take back my bicycle that she borrowed since about June. She was trying to learn to ride but up until now she still cannot ride.












*******************************
*******************************
Day 957
Monday, November 1, 2010

Saw a Japanese friend of mine who I haven't seen since July. She is now working at the gas station that I normally go to.

******************************
******************************
Day 958
Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Saw 2 of my ALT friends in the super market today as well as a Japanese high school girl who come to the Friday English conversation thing. She was pretending as if she was looking for something but really was trying to listen to what we were saying. Her English is pretty good though.

Later the 3 of us ALTs went to karate.

*****************************
*****************************
Day 959
Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Today was another holiday in Japan, and I spent about 5 hours on skype helping my Japanese friend who is in Jamaica to complete a lesson plan. It was nostalgic to go over my old lesson plans from my last job. I don't need to do this stuff any more.

In the evening I had dinner with a new Japanese friend and an old Japanese friend. We spoke about various stuff while we ate.

*****************************
*****************************
Day 960 (Video of Island dispute)
Thursday, November 4, 2010

Watched Dexter today, and it is getting more and more interesting.

There was a video leak of what transpired between the Japanese coast guards and the Chinese people who were sailing in an area administered by Japan.


A video apparently taken by the Japan Coast Guard of the Sept. 7 collisions between a Chinese trawler and patrol vessels off the Senkaku Islands has shown up on YouTube, prompting China to express "concern" over already strained bilateral relations.

Here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLltUBRtQ5s&feature=channel




















*****************************
*****************************
Day 961
Friday, November 5, 2010

I taught only 2 classes today, one at my furthest school, and the other at the kindergarten. When I was at the kindergarten, a lady just started talking to me and told me she visited Mexico and was wondering where Jamaica was. She also said she visited several European countries as well as the US.

After I taught at the kindergarten, I went back to my furthest school, where the English coordinator asked me to accompany him with the kids. The kids were going on the road to clean up garbage that was littered on the side of the road. There is little or no garbage on the roads in Japan, even more so in rural Japan. We walked for about 1 hour or so watching the kids searching like crazy for garbage. They called this special clean up day "cling cling" (I think it means clean clean). This was a welcomed change from just sitting around either doing nothing or on the computer.

I then went to the car mechanic to do my mandatory car check up, which I think is a rip off. Everyone has to do this check up every 2 years, and it is expensive. They gave me a loaner car until Monday, by then my car should be fixed.

After this I went to karate then to the Friday English conversation, then to the darts bar. So I had a full day today.












********************************
********************************
Day 962
Saturday, November 6, 2010

Went to Okayama city to tighten my braces. While on my way to the orthodontist, I was in a bus and the driver asked me, "are you Usain Bolt?" .... I said NO but we are from the same country. I then asked him why he asked such a question... He then said "I resembled Usain Bolt" WHAT!!!!!! Look at these pictures and tell me the truth... Do I look anything like this guy??

No comments: