A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year / 2011 Review



Days 1383 - 1389
Sunday, January 1, 2012 - Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy New Year !!! 


Welcome to my first blog of 2012

Day 1383  ( 2011 Review )

Ok the last 2 weeks were filled with activities, but from now on its going to get a bit boring because its time to rest a little.

However, today I went with my friend to another outlet mall name Mitsui Outlet mall  which is only 30 minutes from me on foot. They were advertising stuff everywhere about have sale as much as 80% off. But when we got there and started searching the stores, not even one had 80% off. Some had like 30% and 50% off but even then the stuff were still expensive.

All I ended up buying was a Nike room slipper.


2011 Review

These are my most memorable times of 2011 for me.

January 1 -
Rang in the new year at a wedding party.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhPcSwxKlBg

January 5 - Got my 37 inch Sharp Aquos LCD TV.

February 26 - Second time skiing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYrofI5oxuE



March 1 - Season 5 of my TV show premiered in Niimi, Okayama. Here is the full version of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW8AmeT7Fso

March 11 - Major earthquake hits Japan, causing a great tsunami and messing up a nuclear reactor.

March 19-21 - Went to a Jamaican camp thing called Spring Ting in Osaka.



March 31 - Last Day in Niimi. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yTSdYWYqsk

April 1 - First Day in Yokohama

April 7 - Felt my first earthquake since like 2005 and it was 7.1 magnitude, while doing karaoke.

May 3 - Visited Nara, an old Capital of Japan

May 21 - 22 - Went to One Love Jamaican Festival in Tokyo

June 4 - New friends visited my apartment

July 17-18 - Went to Gunma prefecture and visited 2 onsens (hot water baths) and did white water rafting.

July 19 - My sister had a minor accident in my car. Luckily she was fine.

July 21 - For the first time living in Japan, I did a presentation at my company meeting.

August 3 - Went to FujiQ Highland to ride a few crazy roller coasters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNGM9Be9i0E

August 6-12 - Visited my previous town Niimi

August 16 - Met an old friend who I first met when I was in Brazil.

September 2 - Went to Jamaican Artist Ioctane's concert. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17038616

September 6 - My Jamaican blogger friend who blogs about Japan, Kelroy aka Jamaipanese visited me in Japan.

September 17 - Me and Jamaipanese visited an old Japanese capital name Kamakura

September 18 - Went to Tokyo game show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF1qwVnnCcU

September 19 - Celebrated my 4th birthday in Japan. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4xwqDCXGVw&feature=mh_lolz&list=HL1317031464

October 28 - Received my iphone 4s

December 24 - 27 - Went to Okinawa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdLEHFW3Mww 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Day 1384 (Captain America The First Avenger / Why Japan Change Prime Ministers so quickly? )
Monday, January 2, 2012

Stayed in all day blogging about my Okinawa trip (previous blog). Then watched Captain America the first Avenger. I thought it was going to be terrible but it wasn't so bad actually. I give it a 6/10.


Why Japanese Change Prime Ministers so Quickly?


News photo

Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda (top center) took office in September 2011 after Japan had five short-lived prime ministers since 2006: (clockwise, from top right) Shinzo Abe, Yasuo Fukuda, Taro Aso, Yukio Hatoyama and Naoto Kan.

Experts ponder reasons for Japan's rash of short-term prime ministers

Divided Diet, frequent party elections, voter mind-sets, lack of political capabilities, rise of new media cited as possible cause

Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda took office in September, becoming Japan's sixth prime minister in five years. One thing that people will pay attention to is whether he can stay in power for more than 12 months — something four out his five immediate predecessors failed to do.
Whether he succeeds depends in part on whether he can win the next presidential election of his Democratic Party of Japan, set for the fall of 2012, and whether he can lead the ruling party to victory in a general election that may take place this year. Since Noda is already struggling with falling approval ratings, these are by no means certain, and Japan may yet see a seventh prime minister in six years.
Short-lived administrations are not a recent phenomenon, said political analyst and writer Ushio Shiota. In fact, the average term of Japan's past 62 prime ministers is just two years.
Experts caution, however, that frequent changes in prime ministers are a major reason for Japan's prolonged economic stagnation and the decline in its international influence.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1385 ( Number of New Adults in Japan Down to an all time low  ) 
Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Again, stayed in for the entire day just playing games and doing random stuff. The most exciting thing I did was go to the super market.

Japan's Population seriously shrinking


The number of people aged 20 years old this New Year's Day is estimated at 1.2 million, falling to less than half its peak of around 2.4 million in 1970 for the first time, according to government statistics released Saturday.


Of the 1.2 million people that reached adulthood in the last year, 620,000 are men and 600,000 are women.
The total number of 20-year-olds — the legal age of adulthood — is down 20,000 from last year, hitting a record low for the fifth consecutive year, the Internal Affairs and Communications Ministry said.
The new adults account for 0.9 percent of the total population of 127.7 million, falling below 1 percent for the second straight year. The government began collecting comparable statistics in 1968.
Meanwhile, the number of Japanese who were born in a Year of the Dragon, as 2012 will be, is estimated at about 10.2 million. This breaks down to 4.9 million males and 5.2 million females.


http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nn20120101a1.html


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1386 ( Immigration Office )
Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Japanese visa will expire on March 20, 2012 so I went to the Immigration office to renew it. Last time I got a 3 year extension. But that was in Okayama where there are not many foreigners. I get the feeling that because the city has so many foreigners, they might give me only a 1 year extension.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1387 ( Entertainment / Talent Agency )
Thursday, January 5, 2012

Had an appointment today at a talent agency. Trying to put what talents I think I have to use. And see if I can get a TV break in the city. So I signed up with this talent agency called Free wave.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1388
Friday, January 6, 2012

Stayed in all day doing nothing.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Day 1389 ( Kunf Fu Panda 2 / Three Musketeers )
Saturday, January 7, 2012

Again another lazy day. Stayed in and played lots of Modern Warfare 3. also watched Kung Fu Panda 2 as well as The Three Musketeers.

Kung Fu Panda was ok. Got some good laughs from it. Give it a 6/10

I thought the Three Musketeers was going to be much better than I thought. but it was still not so bad over all. I give it 6.5/10.













~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My 5 Most Popular Blog Entries Top

I can now see how many view my blog entries. So far these are my most popular entries.

5http://davecollyjap.blogspot.com/2011/11/days-1320-1326-sunday-october-30-2011.html

120 views - Nov 2011


4 - http://davecollyjap.blogspot.com/2010/01/days-662-668-sunday-saturday-january-10.html

132 views - Jan 2010

3http://davecollyjap.blogspot.com/2009/08/day-505-jamaica-11-kool-runnings.html

196 views - August 2009 - I blogged about my second trip back to Jamaica at a water park.


2http://davecollyjap.blogspot.com/2009/10/day-566-scottish-men-robot-cars-tuesday.html

852 views - October 2009 - Blogged about Scottish men that wear skirts. And about Robots

1http://davecollyjap.blogspot.com/2010/04/days-739-745-sunday-saturday-march-28.html

1072 views - April 2010 - Blogged about my trip to South Korea and looking over North Korea


@Richard is one mi friends found the deal. Since that many people asking mi how mi get that deal. It is marketed towards Japanese people though.

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Sound like if me ever come Japan you need fi sort out one of those trips.

I believe Japan changes Prime Ministers so regularly because of their perfectionist nature. They demand perfection in everything so is pure pressure.