A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 645 { A Better Area } Thursday, December 24, 2009


Day 645 { A Better Area }
The Philippines Day 3

A friend of one of the girls came to meet us at the hostel. She is a lawyer and they met some time ago in Thailand or Malaysia.... We went out to have lunch at an up town looking area near the ocean, then we went to a, better looking area to stay for a couple of days. The building is called ocean towers, and we were placed in a relatively big room on the 20th floor of the building.

However, when we got there, the security persons were telling us that they have no idea about persons who should be checking in today. Luckily the lawyer lady was there to speak to them, then shortly afterwards the owner of the room along with a staff member arrived. The lawyer lady had to rush off quickly, then we finally got to go in the room.

The owner guy started apologizing about what took place with the security not knowing about us and also apologized that the room needed to clean up a bit. The girls then went out to take a look at the area. I was a bit tired so I stayed in and slept. The girls said they would come back for me so we could go to a mall in the area name "Mall of Asia" which is the 4th biggest mall in the world http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SM_Mall_of_Asia....

The girls however went to the mall without me and one of them sent me a text asking if another lady had arrived yet... I didn't answer the text because I was thinking that it might be too expensive...

The lady did arrive however, while I was sleeping, so now I am going to be in a female dominated room. The other girls eventually came back from the mall, asking me why I never answered the text. I told them because I was thinking of the potential cost. I asked them why didn't they come back for me to go to the mall with them, but I'm yet to hear why... as that was the initial plan... We eventually went to the mall again though later in the evening, and came back to the room somewhere between 11:00 pm-12:00 midnight...

I wanted to see the area some more and see what its like at nights, so I went out and walked around the area looking for somewhere to hangout. While walking down a road, I stopped a taxi guy to ask him, how much is it to go to the nearest hangout spot in the area... He said US $5 ... I told him to have a Merry Christmas... He then said, US$ 4... I again told him to have a Merry Christmas... He finally said US $ 3 .... But I insisted that he should have a Merry Christmas...

So I continued my walk through the area which was still very much alive with people at that time ... While walking, I saw a family inside a yard eating and talking, and an old woman outside just looking out... The old woman then asked me to join them... Then she asked me if I wanted a pretty girl???? I stopped and looked at the people eating then they asked if I wanted some of the food... I also refused but told them Merry Christmas and asked if they were all family... They said yes and the old lady again asked, "Do you want very pretty girl???" I was like "sorry no I'm fine".... The lady then told me to continue walking then... In other words, get out and leave them alone... lol ... I continued walking down the road and at least 3 other persons stopped me to ask if I wanted a pretty girl... I was curious about this so while walking, this old guy followed me to a bar and told me that this area is a red light district... And that they have girls available in 3 categories....

A Category - US $100 and over
B Category - US $ 60 and over
C Category - US $ 20 and over

He also asked me if I wanted one.. I said NO SIR !!! ... He then laughed and told me if I changed my mind, I should inform him... I have never seen anything like this in my life... Anyway, in the bar, I met some people, inclusive of this Japanese guy from Yokohoma who was half drunk... Also, there was this girl who worked there, that told me she was studying nursing, but she had to stop because of financial reasons... she also said she had to travel 5 hours everyday to work and only get around 3 hours sleep. (Thats her in the Picture).

I then walked back to the hotel room and again, more people calling me on the road, asking if I want pretty girl.... This is really sad... I heard that this is where many rich guys normally hang out...

4 comments:

Bjorn J. said...

yow...man the travels of dave getting risky...got to be more careful man lol...

Stewy said...

You dont know about the prostitution culture in the phillipines dave... dude you should do your research man.

Becoming a prostitute in the phillipines is similar to going to high school... ok maybe not that extreme, how about going to university or community college?

Lots of people do it as a way to make money, and being a prostitute isnt like taboo at all (like in our culture), its just a thing that people do really

davay colly said...

I never knew about it at all Stewy.. Yeah never really did any detailed research.

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

The girl getting 3 hours sleep look like she is 3hours of pure beauty sleep. She pretty nuh fret.