A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 651 { Back To Manila From Cebu } Wednesday, December 30, 2009



Day 651 { Back To Manila From Cebu }

The Philippines Day 9


Went to the SM mall in Cebu city today. The SM mall chain is owned by some Chinese-Filipino guy name Henry Sy. and he is a billionaire. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Sy He is also the richest man in the Philippines.

At the SM mall, I bought an extra bag to put my stuff in. Also bought some souvenirs for my mom and sister. We then took a taxi to the airport, and thankfully this guy didn't try to over charge us... Only a few of the taxi guys seem to be honest here. We then took Philippine Airlines from Cebu to Manila.

Now, after landing in Manila, we took another taxi back to the ocean towers room where we were staying off Roxas Boulevard in Manila. This taxi guy was really trying to rip us off big time... It took about 15 mins from the Air port back to the hotel room.... But his meter said it took nearly 2 hours ... He wanted to charge us around US $7 ... The girls flipped out on him and the security at our hotel also got involved... The taxi guy quickly started backing down and said he will take around US $ 4.

When we got back to the hotel room, we wanted to take a photo with one of the girls that worked for the room owner... So I was using my camera and Omara also wanted one with hers as well... While setting the cameras to use the timer... My hand accidentally pushed off Omara's Canon ixy 8 mega pixel camera and the lens got stuck... I was in shock for a little while. I hardly spoke thereafter..... Because I can't recall ever destroying someone's property.... Especially something relatively expensive..... Her camera stopped working and I am planning to buy her a new one...... The girls eventually went out but I stayed in because I was not feeling well and worst I dropped the camera...

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Dave...those if you search the Internet, those cameras have a common problem where the lens gets stuck. Patrice's sister Monique had the exact same problem and she didn't drop the camera. It's a built in problem - check it out.

Good thing is that it not expensive. Just sad that it's unexpected spending.