A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 309 { Calm Down Please / Do I even look like Obama? } - Thursday, January 22, 2009


Day 309 { Calm Down Please / Do I even look like Obama? }


So today, some members of the Board of Education in my city as well as some members of another Board of Education in a bigger, nicer city name Kurashiki (about 1 hr away) came to my Thursday school. All the teachers were running up and down like mad ants and making sure that everything is ok. If I was hinted of this, I would have probably worn my jacket and tie...But instead I had on my "keep me warm" wear... The Jacket and tie not enough at all... While the teachers were there running all over the place, I simply sat there very cool and watching them go crazy.

The kids at ever single one of my schools keep saying Obama when I enter their classes...All these thing are just so strange to me...Then I saw on my friend's facebook profile, that they keep calling him Obama as well... So guess what?? If you are a black male teacher in Japan, no matter what country you are from, chances are the kids are going to call you Obama it seem.

Later on in the day, I went to play soccer, the first time since December 11 and it was so much fun BUT unfortunately I am sooooo unfit that I was in pain after about 1 hour... My legs were sore and I was tired beyond what I ever imagined. I got about 10 goals to score and only managed to score 1. The worst thing is that we were playing against some guys who look very nerdy and effeminate... The nerdiest looking guy who seemed as if he could hardly see out of the thick lens of his glasses, had the hardest kick in the gym. Plus you cant imagine how cold inside the gym was. It was fun though after so long, even though my body aches right now and I was extremely tired afterward... I also think I re-injured somewhere in my groin area...and its no fun at all.

2 comments:

shellz said...

Obama!!?!! all black man look alike huh.

eL. said...

"The kids at ever single one of my schools keep saying Obama when I enter their classes...... So guess what?? If you are a black male teacher in Japan, no matter what country you are from, chances are the kids are going to call you Obama it seem."

LOL.

Hope you have recovered from soccer, Obama. lol