A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 468 { Kids Flick / Love Hotels Making Big Bucks } Tuesday, June 30, 2009


Day 468 { Kids Flick / Love Hotels Making Big Bucks }


After work I made a reggae Cd for the reggae loving Japanese guy whose parents operate a bar. He invited me to another reggae night thing at his bar. But before I went there, I went to the English conversation thing...

They changed the location now and formed it into a club for the school. when I got there, they were watching a cartoon with this museum care taker guy who found some wild monkey and he kept the monkey as a pet.... I don't know the name of it but it was more of a kids flick. If they are going to show movies, they need to call me for recommendations :) Because I don't know what in the world was that.

After the English conversation, I went to my reggae loving Japanese friend's bar. And he introduced me to some more people. It was good while it lasted.


So there is this thing in Japan known as the love hotel. They are some special hotels used for "Privacy" for want of a better word. You can read about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_hotel

Even in the midst of Japan's deepest economic recession since World War II, the country's love hotel industry is thriving.

"I'd hate to use the term "recession-proof," but it's certainly proven very resilient over the last six to nine months," said Steve Mansfield, CEO of New Perspectives, which operates six love, or "leisure," hotels in Japan.

One of them, the Bonita Hotel in Isawa, boasts a 257 percent occupancy rate. Rooms can be rented for 3 to 24 hours.


Mansfield’s company estimates the industry in Japan pulls in $40 billion a year in revenue.

“It’s a natural human desire. Even these days, on the weekend, every love hotel is full of people — it’s hard to get in. You can never stop sexual desire,” said a woman with her boyfriend in Tokyo, who laughed in embarrassment when asked for her name.

More on this here http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2009/07/02/love-hotel-business-zooms-despite-downturn/



Yeah Richard, I didn't even bother watching the sharpshooter business... mi lack it afff afta bout 5 mins when mi realize seh it wasnt shooter. All now mi nuh si wolverine yet... but mi soon watch it...

No comments: