A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 478 { Karate Certificate And Video /More Foreigner Control In Japan } Friday, July 10, 2009


Day 478 { Karate Certificate And Video/More Foreigner Control In Japan }

I was tempted to go into the pool today, because the place was killer hot. And on top of that, I was playing football with the kids on the field, then later with them in the gym... the gym is like an oven. I avoided the pool at this school because of the politics they used on me last year by calling all and sundry. I also avoided it because I can't deal with the teachers pausing and kids pausing and staring at me extensively.

After work, I went to karate, and they gave me a certificate for my supposedly third place in the competitions last Friday. On the Certificate they had Dave Colly in Katakana, but I made the necessary corrections. Here is a video of what I have been practising, for the past 5 weeks or more...... And try to keep your laughter to yourselves :) :).... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpY3CODOeVA

More Foreigner Control In Japan

The Heads of Parliament in Japan passed bills that tighten controls on foreign residents, paving the way for them to take effect within three years, despite opposition from foreigners and human rights activists.

The planned enforcement follows an agreement on the bills reached last month between the Liberal Democratic Party-New Komeito ruling coalition and the Democratic Party Of Japan the largest opposition party.

According to the bills, undocumented foreigners will either be granted special permits to stay or taken into custody for deportation. Many are expected to go into hiding to avoid such a fate.
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20090709a3.html

No comments: