A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 580 { New iphone } Tuesday, October 20, 2009 [ 1 YEAR 7 MONTHS ]


Day 580 { New iphone / Abortion In Japan}
[ 1 YEAR 7 MONTHS ]


Today, I was checking an email from the camera man for me Tv show. I was checking the email at main computer that everybody uses. My s
how is supposed to come to this school to do a recording with me and the grade 6 class. The grade 6 teacher is supposed to tell me when we can begin to practise, but I am still waiting on him. So yes, while I was checking the email, the same grade 6 teacher came to me and said we should not check mails on that computer, but should use another computer.... I quickly logged out, but didn't go on the other computer.

After work, I met my friend at the softbank shop and we went to check out both the iphone 3g and the iphone 3
gs. There are 2 options for the 3gs, the 16gb storage and the 32 gb storage.... I checked out the plan for each but BOYYYYY... My basic bill for the 3gs-16gb plan would be somewhere around US$90 . And that not counting the phone calls yet... So I opted for the normal 3g-8gb which was at least US $ 30 cheaper..... However, I am locked in a contract for 2 years... Thats how Japan do their phone customers... you are locked in a plan for 2 years, and if you break the contract, you are expected to pay for the remaining part..... So my old phone, Im basically still paying for it.... However, I should complete that payment by April next year, which total to about US$ 170...

The process of aquiring the new iphone took about 2 hours... mainly because:

1) My translator wasn't familiar with a whole lot of the computing and technology jargon that the lady was using.

2) I would understand the jargons, but they were in Japanese

3) A whole lot of paper work was involved

4) I had to back up the data of my old phone on their softbank server, for later retrieval

The major differences between the 3g and the 3gs is that, the 3gs has more space and is 2 times faster. Plus the 3gs can record and edit video clips.... What the heck??? my old phone could record and edit video clips darn it....whats up with that iphone 3g??? Well I dontreally need that feature, plus that one draw back is fine, in comparison to my old phone...

Here is the full thing

http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare-iphones/

When I got home, I spent a little while downloading games and other applications on the iphone... and basically trying to understand how it works...


Abortion still key birth control in Japan

People may be surprised to know abortion has been legal in Japan since 1949, more than a decade earlier than in other industrialized countries.

In subsequent years, abortion became socially accepted to the point that Japan drew international criticism for attracting foreigners seeking to terminate their pregnancies. Since the turn of the 21st century, around 300,000 abortions have been conducted in Japan each year.

Some commentators call Japan's approach to abortion contradictory, comparing it with the belated legalization of the pill, one of the fewbirth control methods that women can initiate that has a high success rate. This year marks the 10th anniversary of the introduction of the pill in Japan, and yet the majority of Japanese prefer using condoms, citing the drug's expense and side effects.

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20091020i1.html







No comments: