A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Day 588 { Aborigines } Wednesday, October 28, 2009


Day 588 { Aborigines }

Today I went to an ALT meeting in the main city (Okayama city) of my prefecture. Again, I almost missed my train, Lord help mi. I did manage to get it on time though. While on the train, I sat with the ALTs who I play football with on Thursdays. One of the guys, Peter from England, has travelled to several countries in south East Asia, including Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Singapore and Malaysia. He also visited New Zealand and Australia doing Hotel and tourism related jobs... And he is only 24. So he started to tell about his experience in Australia and that he has a couple Aborigines (Native Australian) friends.

Pardon my ignorance but I had no clue that Aborigines still existed on earth .... This site gives some background about them http://www.ebgymhollabrunn.ac.at/projekte/abori.htm
Peter was telling us a little about their history and how the English guy took away their lands, brought diseases and what not, etc etc. He said a lot of them like to drink alcohol but their bodies can't manage it too well. Before the English "conquered" the land, the Aborigines were living there almost undisturbed for over 70,000 years.

So, before the meeting, I went to an electronic store to purchase an external DVD Burner, because my DVD burner stopped working, I think because of some region issues.... I think my DVD region is set to America, because that was where I bought the computer. But because Im now living in Japan, that cause a little problem. So yeah, I paid equivalent to about US $ 50 for it.

At the meeting, several ALTs gave presentations about game ideas... Some were more interesting than others... I think I needed this meeting though because I was running out of ideas for games to play in my classes.

After the meeting, I went back into BIC Camera and purchased a PS3 game name Soul Calibur 4. A pretty cool fighting game. After this, I met my friend, we ate and then I went back to my apartment.

No comments: