A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 549 { Happy Birthday To Me } Saturday, September 19, 2009


Day 549 { Happy Birthday To Me }


Yes, today is my second birthday in Japan. I much preferred last years and this blog will explain why.

So I was planning a birthday party today along with my Japanese friend who likes reggae music. His birthday was yesterday, as in September 18th, and he is 1 day older than I am. I called him yesterday to wish him a happy birthday, and he sounded very down. I asked him what was wrong, and he said that he was verrry sick. hmmm .... We planned to start the party 7:00 pm tonight..

Anyway so, my day started off slow.... Just sitting around the computer and giving God thanks that I was able to see another birthday. then at about 4 pm, one of my newer friends who was driving from a nearby town, called me for directions, but he was already about 5 mins from my apartment. So I had him over and we chatted for a while.... He is a pretty fun guy but sadly his town is even more country than mine.... That is so hard to imagine though...
So it was now time for me to hit the showers and get ready for my party. I started to get a whole lot of calls so while taking a shower, I had my cell phone somewhere in the bathroom with me....

After showering and getting ready to leave, I could not locate my cell phone... I know I had it in the bathroom but where did I leave it???? I started to search frantically and I checked on a little shelf that was above my toilet..... I then started to move this pack of toilet paper and walla !!! the phone fell from off it, to................. guess where????? yes inside the toilet !!!!! Luckily nothing but water was in there or else it would be a real MESSY situation....

So, I stood up there watching the cell phone in the toilet.... In total shock for about 30 seconds just looking at it and wondering if I should take it up or not....then I grabbed it quickly but, the battery fell out and I had to take out the battery as well as the back of the cell phone from out of the toilet...

I got every cleaner I had and started to disinfect the phone and my hands....And I was also trying to get rid of the excess water that was inside the phone..... after flashing the phone for a couple a minutes and wiping off the water, I tested it... and it was working but malfunctioning a bit...

I then got to the party with my friend from the nearby town at exactly 7pm....only to see this 1 Japanese guy around a turn table.... and in front of the turn table was a big flag with about 5 weed symbols on it..... I told him to remove the flag...... He then told me that Koji (the other Japanese guy who I should have the party with) was extremely sick and that his fever was at about 39 degrees..... Which is really really dangerous.... So a couple of his friends, I think decided not bother show up at the party....We started to suspect that it was the H1N1 virus... but they said its not it.

Eventually my friends started to trickle in one by one and two by two... In all maybe about 30 persons came out... and I got a couple of birthday gifts.... even though it was less than I expected, I think we still had a pretty good time... A couple of us then went to a little bar afterwards.... then I went home......

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

30 people in one birthday party is nuff. You should be thankful.

That phone ting funny - BUT you shouldn't have turned it on. You shudda pull the screw dem and get a blow dryer to try the phone.

Careful with the blow dryer cause it can cause static.