A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Day 388 { Niimi Election / Japanese Lady and Her Kids } Saturday, April 11, 2009

Day 388 { Niimi Election / Japanese Lady and Her Kids }

For the past week and a half or so there has been this very noise campaign going on to choose a mayor and about 23 candidates.

I got a video of them making this noise on the road in vehicles.





The good thing about this election thing is that there is absolutely no violence involved... Just a whole lot of noise... If three candidates are driving pass each other, you will hear 3 different loud speakers shouting the three different names.... And they are all saying the same thing in an annoying tone... The worst thing is that they drive all over Niimi between 8am - 8pm and shout their madniss.... again, all of them saying the same exact thing and saying they will do their best... All these cars have in about 7 or 8 people and at least one person is shouting on the top of their voice... They are basically saying stuff like... "vote for Takahiro please treat him well and he will do his best" ... or "vote for yamaguchi please treat him well and he will do his best" ... I cannot begin to describe how annoying this is...
Even one of my Japanese friends said it is absolutely ridiculous...
At noon, I invited this mother of 2 to my apartment because she missed my presentations about Jamaica and about Easter, and she really wanted to see the pictures... So she came with her kids and oh boy.... One kid is about 5 year old, and the other is 1... The 1 year old kid started to take up my camera, my ps3 controller etc...all the important looking stuff... I only could look at her through the corner of my eye... luckily she didn't break anything.

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

You lucky the 1 year old never re-program it rahtid fi you - lol