A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Friday, April 17, 2009

Day 393 { Bruised Knee And More Groin Pain From Football/ The History of My Involvement In Football } Thursday, April 16, 2009


Day 393 { Bruised Knee And More Groin Pain From Football/ The History of My Involvement In Football }






I was supposed to meet one of my friends in Okayama city today, but alas, she said she was down with the fever.... A serious flu thing is going around in this prefecture and I hope it stay clear of me..... Last month at one of my schools, the entire grade 3 class had to stop coming to school because of the flu... One of my friends can hardly speak now, because she is getting some strange flu like symptoms...

In the night I invited the new guys around here to football... So 4 of us came...then another joined after.... In all, 5 foreigners were at soccer tonight :) :) :)... Its the first so many gykojins (foreigners) are coming to this thing that I no doubt inspired :) :) :) ... What we didn't know was that we were going to play against those same girlish looking, never stop running, very fit other Japanese guys....The ones that every time I play against them, I get some form of injury... and this time was no exception.....




They benched me in the first 5 minutes then I went on... In about 2 minutes after I went on, I scored a shocking goal, that I myself was surprised about.... I was tackled harshly, then while running towards the right post of the goal, I slid on my left knee because of the tackle, then shot the ball, and it went right pass the defender and the goal keeper... I felt like the best player on the field after that goal....I wonder how those millionaire football players feel when they score a goal...


After about 20 mins of that goal... I noticed that the knee I slid on was burning me a bit...When I looked at it, there was a big hole in my sweat bottom pants and the long tights that I had under it.... along with a bruise on my knee... I haven't had one of these bruises in like 15 years of playing soccer....My groin area started acting up as well... this time it was the left side instead of the right side.... I don't know how this pain shifted...OOOH boy...Old age!!!!!





For some strange reason... Many of my friends find it hard to believe that I play football ... And I have been playing since I was like 12 years old... So let me give you all a little history about me and my involvement with football... From grade 6 in primary school I started playing and I loved playing it... Its just that I have never taken it up seriously... I first trained for an under 14 team name Rodwood ...... we used to train at a playfield located at the back of my house.... Then in grade 7, I played for my inter-form football team... And we won that year.... I was on both the inter-form football and the inter-form quiz team and we won both those events... I still have my inter-form quiz trophey at home in jamaica.... I went up to collect it with a bandaged hand, because I got injured in the finals of the football...

Later on, I started training for a team in Waterford name Workers United... I went to many trainings but I did not go to any of the matches, because I knew I would not get any game... In 8th grade, I again played for the inter-form football team but I did not play in every match... in 7th grade I played in every single match though...... In 9th grade, I started training for a team that is at the border of Gregory park and Waterford in my community.... The name was Black Star. I was present at a couple trainings and had to walk for at least 30-45 minutes to go to training... I got one game in this intense competition... And the coach knew nothing about my skills or anything... because he was never really present at the trainings... The senior guys would conduct these training sessions...And even then, many people still did not know I played soccer...Even some of the guys that I spoke with every day....

Between 10th grade and 11th grade, I played random matches and did random trainings with my friends around my area... Nothing serious.... I was known as the "Brukyboo" of the lot.... I hate to pass the ball, all I want to do is head for the goal, beating everyone in the most stylish ways, and scoring.... I also played some random matches at my community college against some other class teams, nothing big... the only other friend I can think of now who is still in touch with me, that actually saw me in action on the football field is Keith Francis...


I then started to play for my church...and they also figured that I didn't like to pass the ball... I played for my church maybe for about 5-6 years.... I also went to occasional inter-faculty trainings while in university...... Not many by a loong shot.....The longest I have ever been away from playing football is maybe 6 months maximum.....Ohh I have a clip of me playing while in Brazil in 2006.....Here it is... I am in the purple mariner/under shirt and a jeans pants :



I actually scored a goal toward the end of the video...

So you see, yes I am a joker and yes I sometimes look like and act like a priest or a pastor but I do play football... And I also play table tennis... But that I haven't played in a while...

No comments: